Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Quilters' Corner Quilt Shop

Hello Everyone,
 
Last week I had a day between a lecture and a workshop......so what was I going to do with a free day?  Well set up a workstation in the hotel and sew the entire day.  No cooking, cleaning, office work or dog walking.....only sewing.  I made eighteen 5-1/2" blocks for my big Cute as a Button.
 


I tried not to leave too many threads on the floor in the hotel.  You know how that goes!


I also did some serious retail therapy at Quilters' Corner in Sacramento.  This store has something for everyone.  This store is so "me". 


This stack of bolts was gorgeous and they followed me home.


Here's the moment of truth at check-out time.  I had to restrain myself and stayed within my budget.  The next time you see these fabrics they will be incorporated into kits and will appear in some of my quilts.


Quilters' Corner is so easy to get to.  It is right off Highway 50 on your way to Tahoe.  It is well worth the stop, and I promise you will not be disappointed in their fabric selection, tools, books, kits, and all things quilty.  There is so much to look at in the shop, you need to allow a fair bit of time to see everything they have to offer.  It's a fantastic shop!  If you stop by, please tell them I sent you.


Yesterday Mr. Joe and I started in on the yard work in the morning. Mr. Joe stacked wood and I raked.  The rains returned yesterday afternoon, so guess what??  I get to spend a rainy day inside working on my blocks.  I've decided to name this super-sized version Country Courthouse.  It is still Cute as a Button......a very BIG button.


Soon,
Lynn

10 comments:

  1. Wow! What a haul! I do love a great quilt shop. Thanks for the info and if I'm ever that way, I will surely tell them you sent me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute as a Button/Country Courthouse is gorgeous. We have an LQS - well, not so local to me, but about an hour away in the SW corner of the San Fernando Valley - that carries a large selection of the CW repros. Love the repros, and your quilt pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Country Courthouse is the perfect name for your quilt and it's getting cuter by the minute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Checked their website from yours blog and nowhere do I see where I can shop their selection of fabrics. Looks like a nice store, too bad, love cw fabrics. love your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looking beautiful Lynn: and you certainly have way more stick-to-ive-ness that I ever will!! And I love Quilters corner. I always make a stop there when Paul is at his convention in Sacramento. And I set up a sewing machine in the hotel too, since we have 2 days there. :-)I love the bathroom at QC: so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Couldn’t find it in your Etsy shop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, what a haul! I just love this quilt and have to click on it every time I see it. The colors, the fabrics, the tiny pieces, the blocks--it's all that I love in a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, Lynn...This picture of your Country Courthouse shows that it's full of X's and O's!
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I saw the last photo after seeing that you had been piling wood I thought the name of the quilt was going to be The Woodpile. I love the block. I had started a Courthouse block and was liking it. That little 9-patch is going to make all the difference. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete