Monday, November 25, 2019

Country Courthouse Part Two

Hello Everyone,
 
It was a marathon week of machine quilting Country Courthouse.
 

I didn't keep track of my exact machine quilting hours, but it was about 35 hours of quilting over the past 6 days.  I would spend about 5 to 6 hours a day at the long arm.  I stitched in every ditch which created this look on the back.  The back is also where I could spot my mistakes once I took it off the long arm.....and there were more mistakes than I care to discuss!


With the anticipated snowstorm barreling down our way, I'll have lots of time to work on binding.  We were going to head to the city house to spend time with the kids, both big and little.  We are rethinking our trip, and may just stay put and enjoy the snow, and decorate for Christmas while humming, "I'm dreaming of a white Thanksgiving".


When we made an early morning trip to the grocery store yesterday, we only bought the ingredients for the dishes I was going to make to take with us. I had absolutely no intention of making a full-blown turkey dinner, since we didn't think we were going to be here.  Two dinners were planned between our two sons, one Thursday and one Friday.  Turkey on one day and barbecued brisket on Friday. I made a comment to Mr. Joe yesterday about the one and only frozen turkey in the freezer compartment at the store.  Now, I wish I'd put that bird in the cart! 

As with a lot of mountain communities, when the shelves are empty, they don't get refilled right away.  We may have to go dumpster diving in our own freezer compartment to come up with a meal.  Not to worry, this quilter is prepared to put a nice meal on the table.  It may be a non-traditional meal, but it will be tasty. 

I'm finishing up writing the directions for Country Courthouse.  I can work on it if the power goes out.  Quite often the first major snowstorm of the season knocks us off the grid.

Mr. Joe's dream is to be stranded in a mountain cabin with the woman of his dreams.  In his daydream, he pictured the woman several decades younger!  To that I say DITTO!

Soon,
Lynn

 

8 comments:

  1. Oh Lynn....Country Courthouse is amazing!!! Can't see any issues from here!! Wow...
    Wishing you and Joe a lovely Thanksgiving, no matter what!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt and the quilting. Happy thanksgiving and warm wishes for decent weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Country Courthouse is gorgeous!!! I really love what you did with the quilting! I would never have been able to spend that much time quilting it even if I did own a longarm. That would have been torture for me. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving!! Your quilt looks marvelous!! Stay warm!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  5. The purple border is just gorgeous! This quilt is a real beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful masterpiece! Love the picture of the back. What boo-boos? I see none. That is such a gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, it is so beautiful. Who would want to discuss mistakes!
    Usually, we are considering a Pilgrim-style outdoor picnic at T'giving, but at the moment we have the rare occurrence of T'giving snow on our picnic area, so it's indoors in front of the fireplace for 2019. A Blessed Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is beautiful, no matter what you say! We have snow for Thanksgiving! And I can see deer on top of the hill in the alfalfa field, their favorite food.

    ReplyDelete