Wednesday, May 27, 2020

A Well-Traveled Quilt

Hello Everyone,

This is the reason I was excited and nervous at the same time.  Yesterday, I shipped my Country Courthouse quilt to France to be photographed for the Fall edition of QuiltMania magazine.


I'm not worried about her once she gets there.  It's the between here and there and back that worries me.


I really wanted to take her personally for her photo shoot, but shoot, who wants to travel now?  That's why the photo shoot was cancelled at my log cabin by the editor.


I hope she doesn't kick up her heels too much.  I also hope she doesn't end up with a staple in her navel, drink too much red wine, or eat too many baguettes.

I feel like I gave birth to her while I machine quilted around each and every log.  Now I feel like I sent my kid off to summer camp for three long months.


I'm acting like a nervous Nellie.  It's only a quilt, it's only fabric, it's only....my baby.  I'm going to suck it up, and just tell myself that I sent her off to France to finishing school.  In my mind that sounds to much better.

Soon,
Lynn

20 comments:

  1. Sooooo exciting! I can't wait to get my copy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get my copy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always hard to let them leave the nest, isn't it (even if they are 'only' fabric). So glad to see that this will soon be in Quiltmania.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie. The customs paperwork provided to me said I was shipping a 100% cotton blanket. So it's only a blanket.....not!

      Delete
  4. Not to worry, Lynn - she'll come back speaking flawless French, and maybe even have a handsome suitor on her arm who can cook fabulous meals for you and Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell her to take lots of pictures. Oh that's right! Its a photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She can't take pictures since she doesn't have any thumbs!

      Delete
  6. So excited to see her in the fall edition!!!!! She(and YOU) deserve the honor!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! And luckily, I'm subscribed to the magazine this year. :-) Congrats on being published in such a beautiful magazine! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say your nervousness is well founded. Hopefully she'll be back home safely sooner rather than later. It's a gorgeous quilt, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just tracked the progress this morning, and the box is in Indiana. She still has a long way to go.

      Delete
  9. super je l'admire!!! et je vais enfin la faire quand elle sera dans le Quiltmania!! merci merci pour ce magnifique ouvrage!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci pour votre merveilleux commentaire! Il me fait plaisir que vous serez en mesure de faire cela une fois qu’il apparaît dans le magazine.

      Delete
  10. You have put a lot of yourself into this quilt, and you just do not want it to get lost. I understand. It is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete