Monday, May 18, 2020

Bountiful Blessings

Hello Everyone,

I've been very busy over the past few days machine quilting Bountiful Blessings. I will finish the binding and the pattern writing this week.  I had fun with this one.


I machine quilted a tight stipple around the leaves.  The pieced leaves are intricate, yet easy to make.


It's a little hard to see all of the stitching in the sunflower.  Trust me it's there.


I used a variegated thread for the crosshatching in the borders.


I was pleasantly surprised when a box arrived from Air Lite Manufacturing.  They kindly sent all of the Henry Glass Ambassadors a sample of their batting.  They sent me a 72" x 93" piece of cotton/polyester blend.  I normally use wool batting for my quilts, but I didn't want to use wool batting in a table topper.  I am very happy with the results.  My Handi Quilter long arm just breezed over the batting.  It has a nice weight and feel.  It drapes beautifully on the table, and has minimal shrinkage.   I would definitely use their product again.  Thank you so much for sending me a sample.

"Autumn is Calling" is the fabric I used for this project.  The fabric was designed by Color Principle for Henry Glass & Co.  I'm looking forward to seeing this table topper on display this Fall, with my family gathered around, sharing a meal together.  We can only hope life will be better in the Fall.

Soon,
Lynn





10 comments:

  1. I clicked on each picture and can see your quilting when they're enlarged. The quilting on the sunflower gives it such depth and the quilting around it makes the whole center pop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stitching is like small vines!!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Paula! I just kept quilting and quilting away. I should take a picture of the back so you can see the density of the quilting.

      Delete
    3. I hope you do...I'd love to see how the back looks too!!!!

      Delete
  2. Ton ouvrage est superbe. J'adore les tissus utilisés mais je crois qu'en Belgique ils seront introuvables et acheter aux E.U. revient beaucoup trop cher (expédition et frais de douane).
    Belle journée.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup pour votre commentaire Monique. Je comprends votre inquiétude au sujet de localiser les tissus que j’ai utilisés. Il semble également que le coût du tissu en Europe est tellement plus cher que les États-Unis. Reste bien.

      Delete
  3. I think Google has it's own virus! Finally got back to where I can comment again - WOW - not only did you make the fabric sing with your design, but the quilting is just out of this world, Lynn! It's an opera on it's own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, thanks Candace. Maybe the Plaidettes need to sing an aria.

    ReplyDelete