Tuesday, July 5, 2022

FFA Time at the Fair Day One

 Hello Everyone,

This is our granddaughter Kinsey with Knox and Nutmeg.


Our granddaughter Emily is taking her goat over for a bath before the showmanship competition.

The girls were on barn duty, which means animal clean up.


Bath time for Nutmeg.

The girls had a few light moments with the FFA advisor prior to the competition. 

And the results were 4th place for Kinsey and 6th place for Emily.  Today the competition is all about the animals.  The competition yesterday was all about how well the girls showed their animals.  They are hoping to do better today.  The goats got pretty squirrely yesterday just being goats.

This is our grandson, Jess.
His poster by the pig's pen shows all of his interests from pigs to turkeys to his 64 Malibu (which was our son's car) to baseball.  He's a well-rounded kid with many interests.


I got a text late last night from my DIL.  She texted that his pig Stubbs, has pneumonia. The breeder gave him antibiotics, and now it's a waiting game.  They weren't sure if he would make it through the night.  I'm so anxious to hear.  Jess was supposed to show Stubbs tomorrow for the showmanship competition.  Update at 8:15am 7/5.  Stubbs made it through the night and is doing better.


Emily is going to show Rooster tomorrow night.  Rooster weights 1501 pounds.  Emily weighs 90 pounds soaking wet.  

I'll be on the edge of my bleacher chair since Rooster has a mind of his own!  I don't want to hear the announcer say, "Folks we have a runner!"  You laugh, but we've had that happen before.

Us old kids have to have fun at the fair too.  This reminds me of the phrase, ewes not fat, ewes fluffy.

This oyster poor boy sandwich cost me $27.00!  I won't be eating at that food vendor again.  The price and the oysters gave me serious indigestion which squashed all rumors that oysters are an aphrodisiac. 


Off to the competition this morning.  Our grandkids have been involved in FFA for so long, I think I should carve my initials in the bleachers.

Soon,
Lynn





9 comments:

  1. Wishing all the grandkids the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your posts and your writing style always gives me a chuckle. As well as your amazing sewing and quilting. I hope to one day attend one of your retreats. I have taken a class from you at my guild and learned so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have you come to one of my retreats! Which guild do you belong to?

      Delete
  3. So glad to hear about your grandkids and this year's entries. Nothing like a fair for memories, especially when showing livestock. I still remember those days of 60 years ago. Some things just never change! Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shared your comment with the kids, Theresa Jo. The FFA program has been developing fine young men and women for decades. I'm glad my post brought back good memories for you.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a lot of fun at the fair! Of course I laughed out loud about the oysters. Yep (I told my husband, when he heard me laughing) I’m reading that ladies blog again. Lol!
    (The other Sandy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I played it safe yesterday and enjoyed strawberry waffles with whipped cream. No more oysters for me!

      Delete