Saturday, November 11, 2023

Sew'n Wild Oaks Retreat

 Hello Everyone,

I have so many pictures to post of my activities over the past week during my retreat.  It's hard to know where to begin.  The quilters were amazing, and the group bonded from the very first day.  Here's a sample from some of the show and tell sessions, and work throughout the retreat.  Enjoy the morning quilt show which begins with one of my designs for which I haven't finished writing the pattern.  Laurie put her own finishing touches on Huckleberry Hill.  Now, I want to finish mine!


It was chilly in the morning, and we kept the fireplace on for most of the day.  We would sit by the fireplace with our coffee in hand and chat.


I taught Calico Cottage.








Pauline and Corky.  Corky is 6' 7".....Pauline isn't!  Corky was our human quilt stand and an excellent quilter and addition to our group.





I taught mini sessions during the first two days of the retreat.

We ate well too!



Every retreat I say this is the best group of quilters, and it is true for every group.  Some of us have been together for years and some are new to the Sew'n Wild Oaks family of quilters.  The Sew'n Wild Oaks family is growing by leaps and bounds with wonderful human beings.  They couldn't have been nicer, more compassionate, and funnier if they tried.  


Now I have to play catch up with Etsy orders, invoicing and preparing for a guild lecture and workshop next week.  Then I'm DONE for the next few months.  I can concentrate on a new fabric line or three, quilting, designing patterns, blogging and curling up for a long Winter's nap by the fire. 

Soon,
Lynn 



4 comments:

  1. Huckleberry Hill is so cute !!! Lovely for my entry way 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Huckleberry Hill quilt....beautiful! Looks like another fantastic retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Quilts and talented Quilters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos on your latest post. Insightful, engaging, and greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete