Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Three Days of Activity

Hello Everyone,

I closed out the year with a BANG last week with three days of lectures and workshops in the Sacramento area.


I had a lecture at the Golden Valley Quilt Guild on Thursday night.

The ladies laughed heartily at one of my quilting stories.



Friday, I had a break before my next event on Friday night, so Gail and I went shopping in beautiful downtown Folsom, CA.

It was a gorgeous Fall day reminiscent of our trips to the East Coast to do some 'leaf peeping' with our mom.

We did some major retail therapy and Gail ended up with our purchases on her lap.  When I do a lecture, I have five LARGE bags of quilts, about 20 in all.  I have totes of products and patterns.  My projector and overhead camera, screen, and rounder to hold the patterns.  Not to mention our suitcases.  Mr. Joe said we had no room for anything we purchased, but he forgot about Gail's lap.


Friday night we drove up to Lincoln, CA and I spoke at Sew Katie Jean quilt shop.

Shirley made their sample quilt for Bridle Path, and she did an incredible job!
This is a darling shop!  


I spoke about the inspiration behind Bridle Path and did a short tutorial.  Tammy, the owner of the shop, made a wonderful pot of tortellini soup and a large salad.  We ate well and had a fun evening.


Saturday, I taught a Calico Cottages workshop for the guild.  Here are a few of the cottages that were 'built' during the class.









We left the class around 2:30 as a major storm was rolling over the Sacramento Valley and into the mountains.  We drove through some intense downpours, wind, and ponding water on the roadways.  I was so glad I have a big, heavy car to navigate my way home.  We arrived home in the dark and I've never been so glad to see my driveway!


We met an incredible group of quilters last week.  I love meeting you, chatting with you, hugging you, and being around you.  I'm doing fewer lectures and classes as I'm so busy designing and quilting. I find that I miss getting out with quilters and hearing from you and seeing what you do.

Now, all of the prepping for Thanksgiving begins.  We are going to have a small gathering here at the cabin.  It just didn't work out to gather the entire family together.  Busy schedules, college kids, sharing grandkids with other grandparents and life in general got in the way of being together.  We will all be together at Christmas, and I'm looking forward to being with everyone.

As my gift to you, I'm having a sale on my Etsy site.  I usually only have 2 sales a year, and now is your chance to get in on the 20% discount in my shop.  Click HERE to take advantage of the sale.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.  I'm so thankful to have you reading my blog, meeting up with me at events, and sharing your projects with me.  You all bring a smile to my face, and happiness to my heart.

Soon,
Lynn
 













 

5 comments:

  1. It was so much fun to have you here. Thanks again for coming. 😊
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lynn!! Everyone enjoyed your lecture Thursday night and spending the day sewing with you on Saturday! Glad you made it home safely!!

    Debbie Campora (aka Laura, Kathy, Debbie 😊)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warm Thanksgiving blessing to you and your family. How wonderful to spend such wonderful time with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving Lynn, to you, Mr. Joe and to Gail. Hugs🦃

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course I think of you and Gale very often and I miss being a part of the quilting world. I want to tell you I am so excited for your successes. I am so glad to say I knew you when!!

    ReplyDelete