Thursday, December 14, 2023

Heritage in Hearthstone

 Hello Everyone,

I, like you, have been busy getting ready for the holidays, so I haven't been posting very often. I did run across this file on my computer where I re-colored my Heritage pattern using my Hearthstone fabric line.  I love the introduction of a bit of the plaid.


I really like it in this colorway and now I just need the time to make it!  Let me know if you would like the fabric requirements.


The house is all decorated and the presents are wrapped except for a few stragglers.  We've been going to Christmas parties and now it's time for us to host one tonight for some friends and neighbors.  If I don't get too preoccupied, I will post pictures of our dinner menu. If the recipes turn out, I'll post them too. The dessert I'm making is a Frozen Baileys Mochaccino, Mr. Joe's favorite.   He will be in the kitchen slicing and dicing with me today and he will be making a loaf of his sourdough bread. He's perfected his sourdough baking after several attempts which resembled hockey pucks. Now his loaves are company worthy.

Mr. Joe had quite the surprise which elevated his heart rate to a dangerous level.  He walked out the sliding glass door and came face to face with a bear on our deck railing.  He immediately backed up into the house while the bear leisurely walked down the steps to the lower patio.  I grabbed my phone and took these pictures.  Mazey, our bear early warning system, totally spaced out on this encroachment into her territory.  She never uttered a peep.


It appears that the mama has left the cubs on their own.  How does she leave them without them following her?  The cubs have been spotted around the neighborhood on their own and they've been getting into cars.  We are guilty of leaving our car doors open while unloading groceries and hauling them into the cabin.  We are going to have to be much more careful.


There's a lot on my plate for the coming year.  It's all good, it's all exciting, it's all very intimidating.  2024 is going to kick off with a big bang!

Soon,
Lynn

 




9 comments:

  1. Too Funny!! Happy Holidays, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a scary encounter for sure! Definitely time for retreat inside! I love the quilt♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen him more that fast for a long time!

      Delete
  3. So impressed that you carry on with such scary neighbors. We have a cottage in central Wisconsin. Over the past few years there have been bear sightings that have totally freaked my husband out. One on our doorstep might result in a forsale sign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We enjoy seeing them at a distance. We've had them on our doorstep!

      Delete
  4. Hi Lynn, the bears were exciting, getting pretty used to people, which is a bit scary, whenever you might have time, I'd appreciate the fabric requirements for the new version of Heritage, no rush! Still finishing up UFO's after being inspired by all the lovely projects at the retreat in November. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bears have no fear of us, and we don't fear them......but we are very mindful to keep our distance. I'll email you the fabric requirements for Heritage soon.
      Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete
  5. Wow be careful and enjoy your special connection with Mother Nature.
    Please. I would love your fabric requirements for Heritage. I've made it once and I do remember my need fir all those little boxes (I actually use old checkbook boxes) lined up with all the little pieces.

    ReplyDelete