Saturday, December 23, 2023

Merry day before Christmas Eve

 Hello Everyone,

I know all of us are so busy this time of year as the BIG day will be here soon.  The presents are wrapped, the cards are mailed and now it's time to sit back and enjoy the season.


I forgot to put my Homemade Holiday table runner out on the Hoosier until the other day!  Maybe I have too many ornaments and table runners and forget what I have.
 

I started baking today.  If I start too early, we eat everything before Christmas!  I'm sharing my Orange Coffee Cake recipe with you.  We can't eat this before Christmas morning because someone may notice a missing piece or two.  I love sitting by the tree Christmas morning well before the house awakens.  I have a cup of coffee in hand and a piece of this coffee cake.....yum!

This is what it looks like just before it goes in the oven.

Orange Coffee Cake

¾ cup sugar                                                                            

½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans

1 tablespoon grated orange rind

2 (11 ounce) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits

1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese

½ cup melted butter

1 cup sifted powdered sugar

2 tablespoons orange juice

©      Combine sugar, nuts and orange rind in a small bowl.  Separate each biscuit; place a cream cheese square in center of one half, and top with remaining half, pinching sides together.

©      Dip in butter, and dredge in sugar mixture.  Stand each biscuit on edge in a lightly greased 12-cup Bundt pan.  Drizzle with remaining butter, and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.

©      Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until golden brown.  Immediately invert on a plate.

©      Combine powdered sugar and orange juice and spoon over warm coffee cake.


Enjoy,

Lynn








2 comments:

  1. Lynn, Merry Christmas to you and your family So appreciate your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you too! It makes me happy that you like the blog. Much, MUCH more to come next year!

      Delete