Monday, September 7, 2026

More Retreat Pictures

 Hello Everyone,

I hope you’re all soaking up every last drop of this Labor Day weekend. 

Here are some more pictures from the retreat.  We made such happy memories last week!

My sister Gail finished the center block of her Timeless quilt. We had to make extra room at her workspace for the Block Layout Sheet.


Now, here's a parade of quilts for your Monday morning enjoyment.




Charlotte made this quilt out of denim and it was very heavy!


This is an original design which Charlotte made during Covid.




Linda made a memory quilt for her mother.

Our good friend Candace made this quilt for Linda, who is an expert in genealogy. Linda helped Candace discover and reconnect with members of her family, and this quilt is Candace’s heartfelt way of thanking her.


Debra started my pattern called Madrigal last August.  She quilted it herself and hand quilted the center applique section.  So beautiful!


Quilt retreats are just sooooo much fun. I had five new quilters this time—well, new to my Sew’n Wild Oaks family, anyway. And they fit in so effortlessly it felt like they’d always been part of the group, stitching right into the fabric of our little quilting community.

Next week I’ll be heading to my Independence Hall guild retreat at Snowflake Lodge, and guess what? I get to be a participant! That’s right—no teaching, no organizing, no mother‑henning. I’m officially off duty. I’ll be quilting from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. like a woman possessed, working away on my new Ruffles design.

This week I’m starching and cutting every last piece of fabric so I can unleash some serious power‑sewing once I get there. And somewhere in the middle of all that, I need to order fabric and make kits. Wish me luck… or better yet, send caffeine.



Up here in the Sierra Nevada mountains, we’re experiencing the official Last Gasp of Summer. It's that dramatic moment when the “Summer People” flap their wings and migrate home. They arrive in June like a flock of noisy geese and depart just as quickly, leaving behind empty cabins, quiet roads, and a community that collectively exhales and says, “Ahhh…we have our town back.” 

They drive too fast with total disregard for the wildlife. On the Fourth of July in 2025, a tiny bear cub was struck by a car and died right here on our street. Yesterday, it happened again—another cub killed out on the highway. Someone posted a video of its sibling circling the little body, confused and desperate, while their mama stood off to the side, helpless. It’s heartbreaking to watch these families lose their babies like this, over and over.

We love living here in the mountains, and we hold deep respect for every creature that shares this place with us. It breaks our hearts to see the little ones lose their lives before they’ve even had a chance to grow. We never forget that we’re the ones living in their home, and it’s up to us to protect them however we can.

Soon,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my blog. I appreciate all comments, and I will try to reply to you.