Hello Everyone,
Last week I made great progress on my Timeless Ruffles quilt during the quilting day camp at Blue Lake Springs in Arnold, CA.......my very own town with my guild!
I stayed very focused from Sunday through Thursday morning while making the sixteen blocks needed for this pattern. My first task was completing 128 flying geese for the blocks. ✔ I had the geese all flying in formation by Monday at the close of the day.
Then I stitched them to the fussy cut center roses. ✔
Then the blocks really started taking shape and it was time to add the blue and white fabric around the blocks and the corner sections. Notice I fussy cut all of the corner rose sections around the blocks. Attention to detail is my superpower.
By Thursday morning, I had a pile of 16 blocks ready for their appliqued section.
I haven't decided yet if I'm going to machine stitch the applique on to the block or hand stitch it to the block. I love the slower applique process vs. machine. What are your thoughts? This quilt will most like be a wall hanging and not on the bed, which has me leaning toward hand stitching. It is such a sweet, romantic block.
I've also been working on the 'swags' for the border. I'll be needing 16 of them.
I’m on the Board of Directors for the Blue Lake Springs Homeowners Association, and I’ve been chatting with management about a brilliant idea: turning our gorgeous space into a quilting retreat haven for guilds and teachers. We could host a group up to 36 quilters a month, Sunday through Thursday for five glorious days of stitching, laughing, and pretending the outside world doesn’t exist.
Just imagine it: no cooking, no cleaning, no responsibilities beyond choosing the next fabric. Five full days of quilting bliss. Basically, it’s Quilting Heaven.
Contact me if you are interested. Just like a wedding planner, I will be your Quilting Retreat planner to guarantee a smooth as silk (cotton or minky) quilting experience for your group. My email is: sewnwildoaks@gmail.com
This week I’m gearing up for my next retreat at Zephyr Cove at Lake Tahoe, kicking off this Sunday. My lists are made, my bags are threatening to explode, and I’ve gathered everything short of a sherpa to haul supplies for the quilters.
There’s just something magical about this retreat, from the laughter, the creativity, the shared caffeine dependency. Several of us get up early and meet for coffee at Cabin 28 for our morning latte's. It’s always such a special time together, like summer camp for grown‑ups…but with rotary cutters instead of carving knives.
Soon,
Lynn
I am so sorry to miss this wonderful retreat and the best location. I will be sending positive vibes from Maui. Next year I’m coming for sure♥️🧵🪡
ReplyDeleteWe will miss you, Kristi. I'll bet you will be having a fabulous time in Maui!
DeleteI'm team hand applique all the way. Your blocks are so sweet and you always accomplish so much so quickly! Something for me to aspire to. See you on Sunday!
ReplyDelete