Tuesday, December 8, 2009

17 Days to go......

Hello and Happy Holidays to Everyone,

Just 17 more days until the BIG day. We did a little more shopping for the little kids this morning. We got out early to beat the crowds....but there weren't any crowds at all.

This quilt is called Christmas Windows by Brandywine Designs. http://www.brandywine-design.com/ You can see the whole quilt on their website. I have to fold the first row down to make sure the quilt fits over my fireplace. Speaking of fireplace, it is blazing right now because we are having a cold snap in sunny California this week.


This is my husband's all-time favorite quilt that I've made. It travels from the cabin to home and is on display throughout the whole year.

The block size is 9" and the pieces are just large enough to make your applique go fairly quickly. This is the 2nd quilt that I quilted on my Handi Quilter and I remember being absolutely terrified when I started up the machine. I was so afraid that I was going to ruin the whole quilt. Notice that I didn't show you the borders? They are okay....but I can do so much better now. But we all have to start somewhere and this was my somewhere.

I've incorporated as many plaids, checks and stripes as I could to give it a nice "country" charm.


I've got to get back to work here. I feel and look like Mrs. Claus puttering around the house hanging garlands, making persimmon cookies while listening to Christmas music. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year. Mr. Claus is reclining on the couch pretending to be intrigued with CNBC....but I know better. The occasional snorting sounds are a dead giveaway that he's dreaming of sugar plums.

As always,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment