Not much to report on for the last few days. Since we were at the cabin for ten days, we've had lots of work to do around this house upon our return. No storm damage, but we did have quite a bit of debris down in the yard.
So here's what I've been working on in between menu planning, grocery shopping, bill paying and getting all of the financial information gathered together for the tax accountant.....what a chore that is!
I've been working on some more blocks for the Civil War Tribute quilt. The little 6-1/2" blocks scattered around the larger blocks are the Lil' Orphan Scrappy blocks I've been making out of the leftover fabric. I'll have the Lil' Orphan Scrappy pattern available for sale at the shop soon.
Now here is my problem block. These corners have been bothering me ever since I finished the block. The direction of the wheat is all "wonky" and I didn't have enough fabric left to correct it. Every time I walked into my quilting room, I would look at that block and think it needs to be changed! I'm not 100% sold on that fabric wonky or not.
Here are the little scrappy blocks I've put together from the leftover fabric. I've added three "lights" to the mix in a color consistent with the Civil War look and feel. I still have enough leftover fabric to make many more little blocks which are so much fun to make.