Friday, June 11, 2010

Chelsea Cottage

Hello Everyone,

I was so excited to see my Party in the Garden quilt on the Blackbird Design June 8th blog posting. The very least I can do is return the favor and post one of their designs that I made a couple of years ago called Chelsea Cottage. Check out their blog site http://blackbird-designs.blogspot.com/




Moda has a new fabric line coming out called Park Avenue by 3 Sisters which would be perfect for this quilt. http://www.unitednotions.com/fcc_Park_Avenue.pdf Just the right combination of browns, blues and red. The layers cakes, and jelly rolls have arrived at the shop. Check them out!


I love quilting feathers. I quilt feathers in my dreams. I put a little red flange around my house to set it off from the rest of the quilt.


The pattern is from the book called, You're Invited by Barb and Alma. (I feel that I'm on a first name basis since my quilt is on their blog!) Such a creative duo.



This book is so enchanting. Curl up with the book and read it like a novel while sipping a cup of tea and dreaming about Chelsea Cottage in the English countryside.




As always,


Lynn








2 comments:

  1. That's stunning quilt. It's so beautiful that I went to Amazon and put the book on my wish list for payday.

    I found your blog through Blackbird's site. You have a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Connie,
    Thank you so much for your comment. You're Invited is a great book with many quilts that I'm sure you would love to make.
    --Lynn

    ReplyDelete