The project that I choose to work on yesterday was the lamp post for Party in the Garden. I love this sweet and simple block. I guess that is why I saved it for last. Sometimes when I'm pulling a new block together, I change my mind constantly with the colors I've selected. I couldn't tell you how many times I would make a flower one way with a certain color set, then put the whole thing aside and make it again a different way. But not with this block....it all came together 'just right' the first time.
I'm often asked where I get my ideas for blocks. I remember driving down a road in the community of Tracy, CA (on my way to a quilt shop), and admired the street lights. I always carry a sketch book with me and drew a crude sketch. I still have to add in the embroidery of tendril and berries in the bottom flower container.
I started stitching last night and I will continue working on it today in between chores around the cabin. We have more company coming this month, so I have to de-cobweb the place and dust off the logs. I also have more yard work to do while Mr. Joe fixes a water leak in the back of the lot. We discovered a leaking pipe when we saw a flock of birds frolicking in their own personal bird bath! Luckily we found the source of the problem and we....I.....thought it would be easy to fix. (Famous last words....this is day two of plumbing issues!) Lots of mud, bailing water, digging, many trips to the hardware store and throw in a healthy dose of blue words to help the job along!
I hope you all have a great day doing what makes you happy and may your pipes not leak!
10 hours ago