Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Merry Halloween!!

Hello Everyone,

It's going to be Halloween before we know it!  I sort of skipped Halloween and went right to Christmas projects, so I thought it was a good time to backtrack and make something to add to my Halloween/Autumn decorations.

So, I opened my Pick Four book by Sue Abrey, and found a great pattern designed by Sue to showcase some great vintage Halloween fabric from Thimbleberries.  This post is just a tease since I can't show you the whole creation until the book blog hop. (The combination of Thimbleberries meets Jo Morton fabrics really works for me!)


Remember, the book is called Pick Four, so I picked four fabrics.  You know, this is hard for me since I add everything but the kitchen sink to my quilts!  But, Sue's method for fabric selection is fun and easy.  Please note that I didn't select a plaid, polka dot, check or stripe for this one!

Here's a sampling of my blocks.

This witch is riding across the sky, sweeping up pixie dust!

It's time for me to hop on my broom and start sweeping the pixie dust in my own home!  Be creative today, put the country's debt worries aside and make something beautiful.

As always,

Lynn

6 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh,ahhhh and that is NOT a moan coming from any witch!!(althought some may disagree:o)) LOVE these blocks! I can't wait to get my hot and sweaty hands on this book!! Just lovely!!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the vintage halloween fabric. It's a nice touch with the square in a square.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that Thimbleberries Halloween fabric too! Love it. Don't know how much I have left, but I have used it in several project. Thimbleberries meets Jo Morton works perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn, like you I tend to think the more fabrics the better, so I am really looking forward to your progress on this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Halloween fabric - this going to make a great quilt - and no, of course I'm not biased!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's a combination I love! And both are in my stash! Great ideas, Lynn, and the fussy cutting is just so cute!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete