Monday, August 10, 2015

Buttonwood Meets Georgetown Fabrics

Hello Everyone,
 
This weekend I made a Buttonwood block from Judie Rothermel's Georgetown Fabrics from Marcus Fabrics.
 
 
Here is the digital rendition using the fabric swatches.  I'm totally in love with the border fabric! You can also see just a hint of the border fabric as a flange across the top of the basket.  Just enough to add interest without being overpowering.  The fabrics have been ordered, and I'll be making kits just in time for my retreat in October at Snowflake Lodge in Arnold, CA.  The kits will also be available online.
 
 
The half-square triangles finish at 3/4".  Don't go running from the room yet.  This is a perfect example of why you should make your half-square triangles 8 at a time from two fabric squares.  It is all in the cutting and stitching.  This is also a shameless, self-promotion of my classroom session on The Quilt Show.com.  Click HERE to see the technique and learn the formula. 
 
Here are some more blocks that I made sometime ago from the same Buttonwood pattern.  I really mixed things up with the blocks to show some versatility in the frames around the block.  Now about that Fall table runner I was going to make a few years ago.......



They are nothing like the original.  It is just so much fun to play with fabric!

 
Set some time aside and have a fabric play date today.....tomorrow and everyday.  I'm off to the shop this morning to play and get ready for the Preview Party tomorrow night at The Purple Orchid.  Come see the classes being offered during from September thru December at In Between Stitches.  It's is always a fun event.
 
Soon,
Lynn
 



3 comments:

  1. Love the stripe for the border and on bias as the flange for the basket. Very clever! Enjoy your day at In Between Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buttonwood is just one of those quilts that never disappoints! I've yet to see a version that doesn't tug at my heartstrings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always fun to see patterns in different fabric combinations. The flange is also a great choice! I so love basket designs, so cute!

    ReplyDelete