Monday, April 24, 2017

Amador Valley Quilt Show Pics

Hello Everyone,
 
Here are just a few pictures from the quilt show this past weekend.  After seeing so many beautiful and inspirational quilts at the show, I wanted to run home to my sewing machine and start creating!
 
The first quilt is my Country Charmer pattern made by my friend Jean. I love the French Country border fabric she used.  The tiny blue strip really sets this off nicely.  I absolutely love the fact that Jean changed up the pattern and made it Jean's style.  Well done!
 


My friend Laurie faithfully kept up with my Emilie Elizabeth BOM at In Between Stitches. You have know idea how heartwarming it is for me to see quilters make my designs, create heirloom quilts, and know they will live on, and be appreciated for generations.


Speaking of heirlooms......this is it!  Laurie also entered this quilt in the show.  Oh by the way, it is hand-quilted!  Such attention to detail throughout.  Another quilt well done.


My friend Kia made and quilted this Baltimore Autumn quilt.  My booth was right across from this quilt, so we admired it throughout the entire show.


My friend Mary made and hand-quilted this beauty.  Attention to detail and fussy cutting to the max on this beauty.  Also hand-quilted! 


We don't have a great deal of time to view the show, so I have just a few random pictures to show you. 





All plaids!  You know this one made me smile!


It was a wonderful, and inspiring show.  There were two huge room full of quilts and vendors.  We were so busy at our booth, chatting with friends, demonstrating Patchwork Math, and chatting with friends some more, that I didn't take too many pictures.  I also made some wonderful new contacts with other guilds for future shows and lectures.  The Sew'n Wild Oaks circle keeps growing.

Another one of my friends came by and took a picture of the three of us working the booth.  My sister Gail, granddaughter Emily and me.  Thank you or sending this to me Kathy.


Thank you Amador Valley Quilters for making this possible. 

Also many thanks to Madeleine, her cousin Carol, Evelynne and her husband Herman, our daughter Caren, and granddaughters Emilie and Kinsey for helping us so much over the past three days.  An extra big thanks to my sister and accountant Gail.  She works tirelessly tracking every penny, and is a gracious hostess to everyone who stops by the booth.  Of course many thanks to Mr. Joe who puts in many hours before, during and after shows, stuffing patterns, boxing note cards, schlepping product and props around, cooking when I'm too busy, and walks Mazey when I'm not around.  It takes a village to maintain a booth and keep the business running.  I couldn't do all of this without you.

Today I will count product, do the finally accounting and put it all away until the next show.  We will take this show on the road to Grass Valley in two weeks.....YIKES!

Soon,
Lynn

 

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful quilt show. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you had great help that allowed you to get to also enjoy some if the show! In addition to your designs, Baltimore Autumn is one of my favorite quilts in the whole world. Was that one wool or traditional ap-PLEE-kay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you had great help that allowed you to get to also enjoy some if the show! In addition to your designs, Baltimore Autumn is one of my favorite quilts in the whole world. Was that one wool or traditional ap-PLEE-kay?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your booth is always so eye appealing - you folks have this down to a science by now. Thank you for sharing some of the wonderful quilts in the show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Country Charmer pattern always looks good! And what a talented group this is! Thanks for all the great photos. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved that version of your country charmer too with the American Jane border fabric: so pretty! And the quilts by Laurie: so beautiful- I took pictures of them so I could see them again at home. :-) And Kia's quilt was another of my favorites, along with Mary's! Great talent in your guild!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lynn for showing off my quilt. Loved seeing you and Gail at the show and at the store. Hugs my friends. Kia

    ReplyDelete