Monday, June 12, 2017

The Quilt Without a Name

Hello Everyone,
 
Hope you all had a good weekend.  What I wanted to do, and what I needed to do were two different things.  I wanted to work on the new blocks with the Rachel Remembered fabrics.
 

I wanted to play with color and borders.


I wanted to roll around in this fabric.

 
Instead I worked on this quilt.  Remember this quilt?  Prairie Flower?  It has been gone for three months to be photographed.  Three months!  I mailed it March 10th and just got it back last week.  It has been to New Hampshire, Spring Quilt Market, New York, and now back to me.  Oh how I've missed you!
 

 
I've been working on the pattern directions.  Almost done!  I really needed to have the quilt to finalize and verify all of my measurements.  I should be able to roll it out next week.
 


Thursday, I'm speaking at Pieced Together Quilters in Castro Valley.  It isn't really a guild, it's a large group of quilters who gathered together every month to quilt and have fun.  Sometimes they have speakers, and that would be me this week.

I'm off to work at the shop today to see all of my quilting buddies.  I'm off to Sew'n Wild Oaks class tomorrow to see all of my quilting buddies.  Looks like Mr. Joe is going to be cooking the next two days.

Soon,
Lynn

 

7 comments:

  1. Oh, those blocks are delicious! Can't wait to see this one together. Happy your "baby" is back home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your quilts.. the colors, fabric placement, quilting. The whole shebang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you wish Prairie Flower could tell you about the places she's been and the people she's seen?
    Our weekend was similar...my hands were grasping paint rollers snd brushes instead of fabric and needle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the new block you created using Rachel Remembers. It's a neat design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell Mr. Joe we have ribs on the smoker tonight - he's more than welcome! Seriously, I know what you mean about Rachel Remembered! From the moment I saw it, I (not so patiently) waited for it to be released! Glad Prairie Flowers is back home - what a wild ride she had. I'm sure the quilting group will love your talk!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are just beautiful! Eagerly awaiting for patterns to be released.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love "Rachel Remember" fabrics, been thinking about purchasing but not sure of pattern, in this case do you recommend purchasing fat quarter bundle or yardage (how much for full size quilt) Thank you|
    Love all your designs.

    ReplyDelete