Thursday, June 29, 2017

Where Do I Begin?

Hello Everyone,
 
Life has been a whirlwind of activity making it almost impossible to carve out enough time to create a post.  One of these days I'm going to show you my hour by hour daily schedule so you can see the craziness.
 
My one bit of sanity this week was being able to spend the day with my Sew'n Wild Oaks girls on Tuesday at In Between Stitches.  During the summer everyone is so busy, or they break themselves (that would be you Paula), so consequently we had a small class. Quality not quantity right?
 
Irene is making wonderful headway on her Kim Diehl Journey's End quilt.  The border is fabulous.  Irene is painstakingly arranging her fabrics so beautifully.
 

Kristi is keeping up with her Moda Blockheads quilt.  I LOVE IT!


Laurie is pattern testing Huckleberry Hill for me.  The white paper over the top block is the potential appliqued border.


Rose is making my Heartfire pattern. The fabric she selected lends itself well to this design.


Bonny is making my Heritage pattern.  She loves the block layout sheet to keep herself organized while making the blocks.


Wendy brought in the first quilt she ever made.  She started this the first time she came to class about three years ago.  Well done Wendy!

 
She loves the Ohio Star block so much that she has all of the blocks made for a large quilt for her son and new wife.
 


They just returned from Paris, so look at the panel that Wendy is going to incorporate on the back of the quilt.  Perfect!


Now to why you haven't been hearing from me.  We've been going to summer Little League tournaments.  Last night Jess pitched and he also played catcher......not at the same time! We won 17-12.  He had a grand slam on Sunday and we missed it!   Because on Sunday we were hosting our youngest grandson's birthday party at our house which included his baseball team in attendance. I lost count at 10 kids in the pool.  It was like counting a swarm of cats.  Nice group of very well behaved boys and one girl from the team.

Now to quilting.......not much happening on my design wall.  Stay tuned for the arrival of a major quilting catalog in your mailbox soon. You will see that I've been busy working with printers. ordering plastic bags, ordering and folding block layout sheets.  Holy smoke, I'm astounded at the amount of orders.  I had to pick this double chin off the computer keyboard when another Purchase Order arrived yesterday.  I thought this must be a mistake.....it wasn't.  We will be turning our kitchen table into a sweat shop next week.  I promise not to break any child labor laws while getting all of the purchase orders filled.  If I feed the kids enough pizza and ice cream, and throw in a few swimming breaks, they are good to go for hours. 

Soon,
Lynn




6 comments:

  1. Oh Lynn...I so missed being there, especially seeing everyone's work and knowing the laughter that came with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We missed you so much too Paula! Heal quickly my friend.

      Delete
  2. Wow, my head is spinning. Take time to breathe and take a few stitches! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds to me like you have your priorities in the right order. Remember we all spend more time with family and others during this time of year. Don't worry about blogging, we will all still be here when you get time to chat. Enjoy yourself with those kids before they grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I missed the girls too Lynn. Love this group so much. There is always laughter, sometimes tears (mostly from laughing so hard), but once in awhile from something heartfelt. Will see you all soon. Irene, you have the boarder... Looks wonderful....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy, busy, busy!!! I don't know how you do it!!! :-) Your Huckleberry Hill pattern looks really good, and let us know what that major catalog is when it comes out! :-) Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete