Thursday, June 22, 2017

More Country Sunshine

Hello Everyone,
 
This is what's on my design wall....Country Sunshine blocks.  This is one of my favorites.
 
 
It all begins with my block layout sheet.  I made the components that run through the middle of the block, the Flying Geese, Double Flying Geese and center section, then put them on the sheet to keep myself organized.  This time I got a little smarter when I made the sheet with the addition of pressing arrows.
 

 
In reality, we could have a little less sunshine here.  It is supposed to be 106 degrees today.  The grand kids have taken up residence in our house and pool. It is amazing just how much food five, very active kids can eat in one day!  It is also amazing how much sunscreen they use.  I'm so glad their parents have drilled this into their brains.


After auditioning several fabrics for the sashing, I decided on this old fashioned red.


I still haven't decided just how large or small this quilt is going to be.  I know I love making the blocks and I don't want to stop!  I'm already dreaming of the machine quilting on this one.


Stay cool today, and try to enjoy the abundance of California sunshine.

Soon,
Lynn

7 comments:

  1. I just love this block and the setting is marvelous. I know it will really be spectacular when you put your magic quilting into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful, Lynn! Love this block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to look fantastic, Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful Lynn. Love it. I can see how it would be addicting.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya' know.... one block is pretty... but, many of those same blocks together is pretty amazing! :-) I"m very much enjoying watching this develop! Good luck with all those hungry kiddos! ;-)

    ReplyDelete