Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Wine Country Quilt Show

Hello Everyone,
 
Just a few pictures this morning of my booth at the Wine Country Quilt Show in Santa Rosa last weekend.  The little kits for Grammy Squares sold like hot cakes!  I think I'm on to something.
 


Here's a picture of two very pooped sisters after hauling bins full of product, quilts and props from the parking lot, and then arranged the booth into a pleasing, welcoming space.
  

Our friend Jeanne also came to help.  Mr. Joe was also a big help.  He drove the trailer while I caught a few zzzzz's along the 2-hour drive.  I couldn't pull this off without help from my village of friends and family helping me along the way.


Once the quilts are hung, the fun begins putting up the props and putting out the product.



This space was 16 feet wide, and I usually have 20 to 30 feet.  So we had to condense our display. When I started my quilting journey to quilt shows in 2012, my booth space was 10' and I worried about filling it. 


Now I have to be more selective on what I bring.


 
My booth was right by the front entrance, so I put Heritage on the outside to greet the attendees.
 


Tomorrow I will post pictures of the quilts that were on display at the show. 

This week is going to be a busy one.  Nothing new there!  Our twin granddaughters graduate from 8th grade Thursday night.  Everyone will be here at the house after graduation.  As of yesterday, you couldn't move in our living room since everything from the show was dumped there Sunday night. Yesterday I finished all of the accounting and started putting everything back where it belongs. 

I've been so busy with guild lectures, workshops and shows, that my house is still decorated for Easter! I can't believe I told you that.   The Easter bunnies, and the dust bunnies will be gone by the end of the day!

Soon,
Lynn

8 comments:

  1. Your booth is always such a beautiful visual feast! So inviting, and so many tempting goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never get tired of looking at your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you are all tired, but it surely was worth it. Your booth looks great and I'm not surprised that the Grammy squares sold. What a great idea! I think it would make a great "potholder" method quilt. I am working on a hexagon "potholder" quilt right now and your blocks would be so easy to just add a black binding and then stitch them together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You cracked me up with the Easter bunnies & dust bunnies! It's OK ... life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Easter!! I just took down my little yard art bunny last week! It was fun seeing you and Gail!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  6. and I realized that I didn't eve see the hexi kits in the sink: I really wanted to see that old sink! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh, I wish I could be there to see your booth. Just looking online gets my fingers itching to sew. Love everything you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow. what a huge looking display space! so wonderfully fitted out... drooling over your quilts. xo

    ReplyDelete