Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Cute as a Button Progress

Hello Everyone,
 
This snowy, cold weather is perfect quilting weather. 
 


Here are some of my favorite blocks from my queen-sized Cute as a Button quilt.  I love making them because I can incorporate so many different fabrics from past quilts. All you need is a ton of 1" strips and a ton of 2" squares for the 9-patch blocks.


I've made some good progress.  A block or six a day add up over time.  I have to make many, MANY more blocks to cover the bed.  I also have to put a frame around the 9-patch blocks to make them the same size as the Courthouse Steps.  This is quickly becoming my new, favorite quilt.  I can just picture this on our bed at the cabin.


The sun came out yesterday.  People came out of their cabins yesterday.  The plows came out yesterday.  You can see our garage peaking up over the berm......but you can't see the house from the street since it sits down in back of the garage.


Our road is still only one lane which makes it difficult to drive.  Hopefully the BIG plow went through in the night to give us another lane.


This cold, winter sunset looks like a scene from Dr. Zhivago. This morning the temperature has dropped to 15 degrees.  I'll wait for the roads to thaw before I head out to Morgan Hill with an overnight stop in Livermore to visit with all the big and little kids. 


I hope I don't have to wait the entire day for it to warm up!

Soon,
Lynn
 

5 comments:

  1. What a difference a day makes!!!!!!! Have a great visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I know it isn't always so beautiful when you have to shovel it. I'm happy your sciatica is better! We don't want anything to get in the way of the quilt!! Hope things warm up for you soon. Last night was the first time (in my 62 years in Maine) that I had ever seen a "wind chill and frosbite warning" flash across the TV screen. Spring is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pattern and when I make it I am going to increase the size also! Stay safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute as a Button is aptly named! Love the secondary patterns.
    Oh my, it will take awhile for all that snow to melt. Fun, fun. I'm sure you heard about Redding's surprise 8-14", depending on where you live in town. After living for 30 years in an eastern snow climate, I was pleased when the last of this snow disappeared. Good quilting weather, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good! Love the quilt and the post card pics! Thank you for sharing them to all of us :-)

    ReplyDelete