Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Creature Features

Hello Everyone,

Just a quick post this morning to show you my little creature who lives in the pumpkin.  She will soon have eyes and whiskers.


I now have the three pumpkins done.  I'm working on borders that incorporate more of this wonderful Best of Days fabric line by Henry Glass Fabrics.  I'm turning to my Patchwork Math book for border ideas and calculations.

 
My plan is to machine applique the table runner.  I will hand applique the little mice in place.  All of the seams are turned under and ready to go.  I'm not a fan at all of raw edge applique.  My pumpkins are finished, but I do need to add another little mouse or three. 
 
Tonight we are expected to receive 8-12" of snow and more during the day on Thursday.  If the power goes out, our generator will be working overtime to keep me quilting. 
 
Maybe some of you noticed that I am replying directly to your comments in the comment area.  So many comments come from quilters that are "no-reply" status.  If I reply directly to your comment, then I can keep in touch with all of you, and everyone can see my response.  Throughout the day, I will be checking the comment area to see the activity and I'll try to keep up with it.  I don't always receive a notification when comments are posted, so I do not know when comments are left.  This way I can have a running dialog about each post.  Let's give it a try!
 
If you don't hear from me for a few days, just know that I'm probably snowed in.  Our Internet provider usually goes out the minute the flakes start falling.  Those pesky, overhead lines!
 
Soon,
Madam Ambassador
 
#henryglassfabrics
#janetraenesbitt
 #bestofdays

7 comments:

  1. Brilliant, Lynn!!!! The mice are such fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are cute little guys Paula. The key word here is little. Lynn

      Delete
  2. Lynn are you aware that the Moda Blockheads 3 block this week by Corey Yoder is the same block as your Country Charmer? She is calling it Star Chain. Check it out..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I just saw Betsy Chutchian's post about it using her gorgeous Sarah's Story fabrics. I love the way the block looks! I have that fabric too....should I recreate Country Charmer using Sarah's Story? Not enough hours in the day. Lynn

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn these are darling. I can just see these "little" guys peeking out of the pumpkin. Thank you for posting instructions on the ribbon border. It is so striking.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Karen. I'm going to be making more mice soon. I love the ribbon border too. Lynn

      Delete