Sunday, January 5, 2020

My Progress

Hello Everyone,
 
This is just a tease showing you what I've been up to this week fulfilling my role as a Brand Ambassador for Henry Glass Fabrics.  During the week I made a whole lot of blocks that look like this.
 

I have exactly one month to make three small projects or one large project.  I decided this time around I would go for the small projects......only because I have so many ideas on what I want to make with the fabrics.  Let me refresh your memory on the fabrics that were sent to me.  The lines of fabric are Best of Days by Janet Rae Nesbitt and Country Journey by Jan Mott.


Let me show you the first thing I did, after fondling, sorting, ironing, and a bit of hand wringing.  I got out my handy dandy Strip'n Sew that Mr. Joe made for me.  I cut a lot of 1" strips and sorted them by color.  I ended up using 28 different fabrics.  My goal was to use as many as the fabrics as I could. I also have to plan my use of the fabrics carefully, so I have enough of what I need for the other two projects.



I started making strip sets.


Before I knew it, I had a pile of 3-1/2" x 3-1/2" little blocks.

 
I stitched little red squares onto the corners after I sewed the sections together.
 

 
Then I had a pile of (36) 6-1/2" blocks.
 


.....and I started stitching the blocks together.
 


This is what I had together by the end of yesterday.  It is going to be a table topper measuring about 40" x 40".  I'll be figuring out my borders today once I finish sewing the rest of the rows together.


Remember, I said that my word for the year is gratitude.  I'm so grateful to Henry Glass & Co. for this opportunity to be their Brand Ambassador, that I'm going to pay it forward to you.  During the month of January, I will be posting a free tutorial for this table topper on my blog, so stay tuned. Later on, I will be placing this pattern for sale in my Etsy shop.

The entire time that I've been working on this project, I've been planning the next one.  I will only be using the Best of Days fabrics pictured below.  The next project is going to be applique.....I think.  I have it all drawn out....now I need to bring it to life.

 
I am in a bit of a pickle.  My long-arm is in the garage, and I will need to do some machine quilting this month.  Snow is predicted beginning the middle of next week......for several days in a row.  I'll be wearing my long underwear and quilting with mittens!  It's a good thing I have a lot of natural padding and insulation built in!
 
Soon,
Madam Ambassador
 
#henryglassfabrics
#henryglass&co
#countryjourney
#bestofdays
 

 

10 comments:

  1. What a dynamite way to spend your birthday, Lynn!! As for the quilting, I hope you put on your mittens with moxie!!! Brrr......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it Lynn! I have so many 1” strips that I save from leftover fabric but I will really have to sort them to see what goes together. These Henry Glass fabrics are gorgeous! Happy New Year of ‘staying home more’ 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this for your beginning! It's looking beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy colors and blocks, Lynn. Just think of the extra calories you can burn keeping warm in the quilting garage! A new kind of 'trimming!' :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Question: do you sell the Strip n’ Sew? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natural padding wouldn't be a problem for me either but the poor ole' fingers would get mighty cold. Can you warm them up with those pocket warmers?

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful looking table topper! And when it comes to using small pieces of fabric, you are the queen!! :-) Stay warm, my friend, while you quilt that! At least the bears are in hibernation and you don't have to worry about the walk from the house to the garage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These fabrics are soooo pretty and I love what you've done so far! What is this rack that you have your strips hanging on? Just yesterday I was wanting something similar for organization! I'm so jealous of the snow. Please send it this way! Can you get extra space heaters going?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! What an honor that is! You create such amazing and beautiful quilts. A mutual friend, Lillian A. In Livermore, introduced me to your gorgeous creations. Looking forward to that magazine issue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alida for stopping by my blog. Say hi to Lil for me!
      Lynn

      Delete