Monday, June 5, 2023

The Big Apple

 Hello Everyone,

One week from today I will be in New York City at the Marcus Fabric headquarters in downtown Manhattan.

Mr. Joe said he would rather stay home and watch the pine trees grow, so my sister Gail and I are going to go.

In between meetings and dinners, we will be playing tourist.  Gail has organized the entire trip and set up all of our tours.  We are going to see the Statue of Liberty and walk across the Brooklyn Bridge.


We are also taking the 911 tour.

We will have a tour of the Empire State Building at night.

During a Zoom call, the president of Marcus Fabrics said she was going to fly six of their newest designers to the city to meet the Marcus staff including the graphic designers.  This will be very helpful as I'm beginning to design another fabric collection.

Keep in mind that I'm a mountain girl and will feel like a fish out of water in the Big Apple.  If we have two cars go by the cabin in an hour, we consider that a traffic jam.  I've always told everyone I'm a BMW (Bitchin' Mountain Woman).  I understand there are a lot of BMWs, Bentleys and Porches in the city, so I should fit right in.  I also understand that Buffalo Check is a very popular style right now, so I won't be making a fashion statement in my Lumberjack apparel. 

We are being housed in a hotel where George Washington once stayed. The hotel doesn't have an elevator.  As long as I'm not on the 25th floor and we have indoor plumbing so I can brush my wooden teeth, I'm good to go!

Soon,

Lynn

11 comments:

  1. Have a blast and take lots of pictures! How long will you be in the Big Apple?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be there from Sunday through Thursday. I want to be home to watch my grandson participate in another junior rodeo.

      Delete
  2. pack light seeing as you don't know what floor you will be on! have fun see as much as you can and enjoy your meetings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in NYC. It will be an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walking over the bridge was a highlight of my trip. Get your walking shoes on! It is an exciting city!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is going to be so much to see that is entirely new to my senses.

      Delete
  5. How exciting, Lynn! Of course meeting the Marcus Fabrics family is plenty to look forward to but the excursions Gail has planned out sound equally amazing. Wish I could tag along! I've only been to NYC twice -- once treated to a delicious meal in Chinatown and the other to see a play on Broadway. Both times we did the Circle Line Ferry for a glimpse of the city. Have a great time! I'm sure you'll have plenty to share on your return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanted to go to a Broadway show, but it isn't going to happen on this trip. I wish you could tag along too, Susie.

      Delete
  6. Have fun and take it all in. Happy Gail is going with you. Enjoy and yes walking shoes.......

    ReplyDelete