Monday, June 19, 2023

NYC Day One

 Hello Everyone,

My sister Gail and I are back from our whirlwind trip to New York City where our main purpose was meeting everyone at Marcus Fabrics.  The purpose of the meeting was to discuss future fabric collections and brainstorm ideas.  Over the next few days, I'll be posting about our trip.


We left San Francisco on June 11th.  Everything you've heard on the news about airline travel during the summer months is absolutely true.  The airport was packed with people shoulder to shoulder.


After an uneventful flight, we landed in Newark and took a cab to Manhattan.  There were more cars and people heading to and through the Holland Tunnel than all of the people in my small mountain community.

We arrived at our hotel, the Sohotel which is on the national register of historic places as George Washington slept there.  This guy really got around!  The hotel was centrally located, and we were able to walk to most of our destinations.  One day I logged 20,000 on my Fitbit.  I wore tennis shoes that I've been wearing for months, and my feet still hurt!



We dropped our bags off at the hotel and walked just a couple doors down to an Italian restaurant for dinner and a glass of wine.  My daughter said she couldn't believe I would give my phone to a perfect stranger to snap a picture of us.  Well, a family of tourists walked by and offered, so I felt completely confident they weren't going to run off with my phone.


Now fast forward to last Saturday.  I arrived back home just in time to watch my grandson participate in a junior rodeo in Livermore, CA. The rodeo life is not the career Jess is going to pursue in life.  He's on the FFA welding team too, which is a much better and safer profession to pursue!


This is the entire Chute Doggin' team.  They are such a nice group of young men. Jess is the one in the black hat.   


With the luck of the draw, Jess drew an absolute beast of a steer and didn't place in the top ten for this rodeo. He was bummed, but he held on for dear life and brought the steer down and finished the job.


Our son and daughter-in-law threw a big swimming party and barbeque at the house after the rodeo for the boys and their families.  I loved all of the boots by the front door!


I also loved all of the hats on the table out back.  The saying on the flowerpot applied to their day.....they all survived!

Stay tuned for a lot more photos of our NYC trip.  I came home so inspired with ideas for two future fabric collections.  I also came home filled to the brim with patriotism and a huge history lesson from our tours. 

The Marcus staff is dedicated to excellence and the delivery of a top-quality product. I'm so proud and honored to be associated with them.

Soon,
Lynn










 























4 comments:

  1. Wow... what a wonderful time, Lynn! I'm sure you wished you had pillows for shoes! Meeting the Marcus team in person must have been fabulous! Can't wait to heat more! Hugs, Candace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love how almost everyone else was wearing athletic shoes to walk in in NYC? Women have been liberated to comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m excited to read about your and Gail’s adventure . I thought of Jess and his team all Saturday… wishing I was there to watch. What an exciting sport! You captured great images of the boys having an awesome day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you and your new design possibilities! I can't wait to see what's next. I aspire to be you in my retirement. 😀

    ReplyDelete