Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Busy Times

Hello Everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted, so here is a quick update on what's been happening since my last post.  My Cheddar and Coal II fabric by Pam Buda for Marcus Fabric arrived, and I cut up 216 yards of fabric to make adorable bundles for my upcoming retreats.


I couldn't have done it without the help from my sister Gail and my friend Mary Sue who folded and collated fat 1/4 towers along with fat 1/8th bundles and 1/2-yard bundles. They are adorable, the fabric and the girls!


My dining room table looked like an explosion of Fall!

This fabric is perfect for Fall projects.  My mind is going a thousand miles an hour just thinking about all of the quilts I can make.


Here's Gail and Mary Sue after a long afternoon of folding, folding and folding some more. Note the wine bottle that Gail is holding, and the cookie jar.

 

Now, we are working on making bundles from the Lily's Locket fabric line.

Last week was a tough week for the Wilder grandsons.  Our youngest grandson, Kade, broke his collarbone when he crashed his mountain bike in the Santa Cruz mountains when he was riding with his dad.  He had to walk out 1-1/2 miles to get back to the truck and go to the hospital.


No football practice for him for the next 6 to 8 weeks.


The next day, our other grandson, Jess, took a horn to the lip during a rodeo.  With blood on his shirt and an injured lip, he still managed to bring the steer down, but didn't finish within the time allowed.  But he never gave up!  

So now we have one grandson who can't give me a hug, and another grandson who can't kiss!  They are going to have to team up together!


Grandson Jess has the dubious distinction of finishing last in every FFA competition except for one at the Alameda County Fair last week.  The two pigs did very well at auction, which alleviated some of the pain of not placing well in the competition.


He came in 5th in turkey showmanship.  Apparently, it is not acceptable to grab the turkey by the tail feathers when it decided to become a runner!  This turkey sold at auction for $400!  One of Jess's turkeys is headed to our freezer.  Luckily, we received a family discount.


We try to attend every event that fits into my schedule.
Jess received a 1st place for a toolbox he made in woodshop.

As my girlfriend Paula says, I'm busier than a one-armed paper hanger.  I'm working on all of the tutorials for my Bridle Path pattern.  I'll be posting the first set of instructions this week on the blog.  I've been taking pictures of every single step which takes time.  I'm creating all of the step-outs for class at the same time.

I'm still adjusting to my summer schedule with the start of water aerobics.  I leave the cabin every morning at 7:45am to swim laps with my kick board for 45 minutes before water aerobics begin.  So, I'm in the pool for an hour and a half every day.  It's the one thing I do for myself, and boy does this old body enjoy and need the workout!  It's the only exercise I can do which doesn't make me hurt.  It's been warm and the water feels so good.  

So that's it in a nutshell.  Mr. Joe and I keep busy and active during the day and enjoy sitting out on the deck at night visiting with friends. Life is good.

Soon,

Lynn





7 comments:

  1. Well Lynn...you and Irving Stone have a lot in common. He wrote "The Agony and the Ecstasy" and your post is "The Ecstasy and the Agony"! Wonderful accomplishment getting the fabric cut and into bundles with Gail and Mary Sue but so sorry about the injuries & disappointments sustained by your grandsons!
    Paula B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny Paula! I just found out the football coach is turning Kade into a kicker and no one is allowed to tackle him.

      Delete
    2. That's great about Kade!!! P.B.

      Delete
  2. the fabric is wonderful and I know Gail and MarySue had a good time putting all of those colors and fabric together. Swimming on these hot days this next week sounds very delightful. I am sorry about your grandsons. Why do these things always happen in the summer. Probably because of more activity. Enjoy your beautiful surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. I'm sitting out on the deck under the umbrella writing tutorials. It's so pleasant.

      Delete
  3. Oh what lovely fabric !! Anxious to check out all the pretties !! Wishing Speedy recovery for fellas too !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wine, cookies and fabric - I call that the perfect combo! I'm trying to get back to blog reading once a week and I've thoroughly enjoyed this post! You must be so proud of your grandson's. I loved reading about Jess's accomplishments. I miss my 4-H days! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with those wonderful Fall fabrics of Pam's!

    ReplyDelete