Sunday, July 2, 2023

Lily's Locket Fabric

 Hello Everyone,

The UPS delivery driver had a cart full of quilted goodies when he arrived at my cabin this week.  The order I placed for Lily's Locket by Pam Buda with Marcus Fabrics arrived.


My plan is to make fat quarter and fat eighth bundles for my retreat attendees and for my booth at the Independence Hall Quilt Show in October.  Yes, I know October sounds like it's a long way away, but it will be here before I know it.  If I have any bundles left after my last retreat in November, I will put them in my Etsy store for sale.


I put the bolts in the dining room so I could admire and pet them.  It's a good thing I left the plastic on because the bolts were level with Mazey's nose.  She couldn't be bothered with this new intrusion into her space.


Talk about intrusion into our space, the Summer People have arrived for the 4th of July holiday weekend/week.  I know the much-needed tax dollars flow into the county coffers, but this is bordering on ridiculous.

Getting ready for the Storm of the Summer People is very much like our preparations for an incoming blizzard.  We know they are coming, so we head to the grocery store four days in advance to stock up on essentials and non-essentials.  A trip to the grocery store this weekend could easily take over an hour to buy one forgotten item.  By tomorrow the shelves will most likely be empty.  I should have purchased a gross of hot dog buns to sell on the black market!

We also gas up the cars because everyone gasses up on their way out of town, and our three gas stations will be running on empty.

Mr. Joe always cranks up the generator prior to a holiday weekend to make sure all systems are go.  Last year on the 4th, the power went out for 24 hours.  On que last night as we were eating dinner on the deck, you guessed it, the power went out for about four hours.  There are so many people up here enjoying the mountains, our power supply system just can't handle the impact.  Not to mention the excessive heat and overuse of air conditioning.  We don't have an air conditioner; we keep the cabin closed up during the heat of the day and open the doors up at night.

We have to remind ourselves how fortunate we are to live in this area year-round and be tolerant of others who want to enjoy the beauty of the mountains.  

I hope you enjoy the 4th of July wherever you live.

Soon,
Lynn











5 comments:

  1. Lynn, it will be so strange not being there in October! Maybe Mazey will let me share her bed (wink). The bundles will fly away from the retreat just like groceries from the shelf! Good that you two are seasoned pros at preparing for the summer onslaught! Stay safe! Hugs, Candace

    ReplyDelete
  2. We only have one day a year with Fourth of July Celebration People which happened yesterday. I admire your patience! Our little private street is blocked off to keep people off so we stay home to avoid the one day crowds. The fireworks display was worth the day home though! I hope you are able to enjoy electricity the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our little town is overflowing with visitors now also. Like you, we try to do things ahead of time and just hang out at home over the holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam's fabric line is gorgeous! Sorry you have to endure the influx of folks during the summer. Guess they saw your snowfall pictures from last winter and have all decided to take passes on a Winter Invasion! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cette ligne de tissus est superbe. Dommage que je n’ai pas l’occasion d’en acheter.

    ReplyDelete