Wednesday, July 26, 2023

The Bolts Have Arrived!

Hello Everyone,

It was a banner day when my bolts of Hearthstone arrived from Marcus Fabrics!


Of course, I had to do a couple of photoshoots before I started cutting into it.  I actually don't think I can cut any fabric off the bolts!  Maybe I'll just leave it as a design element at the cabin and periodically dust it off.




The boxes even brought a smile to Mazey's face!


On another note, I took a header when I was walking Mazey.  The leash, the road, and Mazey led to my downfall.  I'm so lucky I didn't break anything like both wrists that I used to break my fall.  My head and chin took the brunt of the impact.  I look like a bad impersonation of a KISS bandmember with the accumulation of bruising around, above and below my eye.  I can thank my neighbor, Bonnie for that quote!  Another friend suggested a cast member in the Rocky Horror Picture Show!  That's what friend are for, right?

Soon,
Lynn





 

13 comments:

  1. Lovely new fabric. Sorry to hear about the fall and so glad to hear you had no broken bones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. I'm too busy to slow down for a broken bone.

      Delete
  2. The fabric is so pretty. So glad you didn't break any body parts. There would have been recovery time to deal with. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things happen so fast, you're fine one minute and flatter than a pancake the next!

      Delete
  3. Oh no! My dog has caused me many a fall and they all end badly -- OUCH! And my 90-year-old mother took a header the other day and wound up getting 4 stitches in the ER. She also has a "pretty eye" now like you! Haha! Glad to hear your fabric line arrived. Have fun petting it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fabric has been getting a lot of attention!

      Delete
  4. Loving the fabric! Mazey's smile is precious! Oops, took a tumble, but friends have you covered with funny comparisons! Take care and heal soon! 🌟😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! Yes, Mazey has a cute smile.

      Delete
  5. Your fabric collection is beautiful! I love all the colors! Soon the fabric will be in many quilters homes, including mine. I’m excited! I do hope you heal quickly….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the bruising is gone by the time I see you at the retreat next month. The fabric will look great in your beautiful home!

      Delete
  6. I, too, fell while bringing two plates of pie in from my garage frig. My head hit the door casing of my laundry room and I ended up with two black eyes. I have leukemia and have to be very careful. So the doctor sent me to physical therapy for 2 months to get me stronger and teach me to lift my feet higher. The last day of PT as I was leaving, I tripped on some uneven pavement in front of the PT building and hit with the left side of my face. I broke my glasses and my left wrist. Next day I saw crew repairing the uneven side walk where I fell. HUM !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So exciting! Sorry about the fall. Hope you are in the pink (and all other fabric colors!!) soon so you can start cutting and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry about your fall. My own dog has caused me to face plant multiple times, when out walking her. Sounds like it’s time to call the two injured grandsons and have a family portrait taken ðŸĪŠ

    ReplyDelete