Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Double Dutch Treat

Hello Everyone,

The cabin looks like a quilt shop with kits lined up for my Mondays with Marcus project which will roll out on Monday, October 16th for the big reveal.


I set up a table in the great room so that I could either watch TV or listen to an audio book while I cut kits from my Hearthstone fabric line and Lanacot wool and Lanacot textured wool.  The kits will be available in my Etsy shop on Monday the 16th.


After I retired from my 'real' job, I worked in a quilt shop one day a week. It was in the shop where I learned how to make kits look cute. We called it the 'cuteness factor'.  These kits are adorable!


This is a wonderful opportunity to work with a small wool project.  There are many tutorials available online to walk you through the process.

The next 10 days are going to be busy while I prepare for our road trip to Houston for Quilt Market.  I've been asked to teach Patchwork Math in a 30-minute session to quilt shop owners.  Wish me luck with that!  I'll have to learn how to talk fast like an auctioneer. 

I also have to get everything done for my November retreat which starts on November 5th.  I'm checking everything off my to do list as I go through my days.  Mr. Joe has been stuffing Bridle Path patterns and takes the orders to the post office every day.  He volunteered to package the kits, but he soon decided that was above his pay grade. He's not into the 'cuteness factor' at all.

Stay 'cute' today,

Lynn





 

8 comments:

  1. You are so busy! I hope you have a huge calendar on the wall somewhere to keep track of where you are going to.? You need a vacation away from all this, and not think of any quilting, etc. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love “stay cute” Kristi M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob says he'll come down and help Joe stuff kits. Our house is on the market and he wishes he were anywhere but here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send Bob down and I'll keep him busy and out of your hair!

      Delete
  4. Yes I still want two kits. Thanks Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn I received the adorable kit but, alas, no pattern.
    Marlene Chambers

    ReplyDelete