Thursday, October 26, 2023

Houston Quilt Market

 Hello Everyone,

Yesterday we drove through the scenic Texas Hill Country and stopped at our first quilt shop, One Quilt Place in Fredericksburg, TX.  The shop is 4,000 square feet of quiltiness!


I gave Beverly, the shop owner, one of my Sew'n Wild Oaks bags along with a copy of my Patchwork Math book and a fat 1/8th tower of my Hearthstone collection.  She is on her way to Quilt Market today, and I hope to see her again.

This is Steve's room.  He made all of the quilts in the room and he long arms!  I hope to meet Steve tomorrow.


There's so much to see in the shop.


Many antiques are included in the fabric displays.


They even have their own line of Hill Country fabric!



This morning we got our Marcus Fabrics credentials so we can come and go throughout the show as we please.  It's not even 10am and I've walked 5,000 steps!  Mr. Joe and I found the room where my Schoolhouse session will be tomorrow.  We checked out the electrical....and it looks like all is good.  I do not like to have any last-minute surprises, which will make me nervous.

Soon,
Lynn






2 comments:

  1. What a great tour of a newly discovered shop!!! Have fun!!! Paula B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for sharing this wonderful series of photos with us! I had an operation today, and am sitting here, out of steam, but boy did your tour of this quilt shop ever cheer me up. It was a blast to study all the fabrics and the extraordinary job of decoration and detail. Thank you so very much for the fun. 🙂

    ReplyDelete