Thursday, March 7, 2024

Some Show Stoppers

 Hello Everyone,

I feel that I hit the jackpot this week!  I received many pictures of quilts that you've made using my patterns.  First up is a picture of my Crossing the Pond pattern that was beautifully made by Jane.


This is what Jane said in her email.

Hello, You will find attached pictures of a quilt I made using Di Ford's Windermere fabrics. I found the perfect pattern in Quiltmania issue #143, "Crossing the Pond" by Lynn Wilder. I used Ms Wilder's alternating central blocks to showcase the colors in the Windermere floral panel. Since I was using Di Ford fabrics, I thought it would be nice to incorporate a broderie perse border along with the fabric border print. I am very pleased with the way that it turned out.  I hope you like it too.
Cheers, Jane Waye 
P.S. The long arm quilting was done by my talented friend Debbie at Wynnspired Custom Quilting.



I love that Jane added her own very special and outstanding 'touches' to this quilt and made it her own.  It is so gorgeous and so well done!

Next up I received pictures from Ollie in Canada.  Here is what she said about the group of beauties.

The first quilt is mine and I taught this pattern in my quilting class and here are mine and two others made with this pattern. The teal one is not quite finished as she had to order the red batik in order to make the first border. 


Then Ollie goes on to say:

This is one of my students Heritage Quilt made with civil war fabrics.

But wait, there are some more!  My friend Sylvia started her Heritage quilt at one of my retreats.  She just got it back from her machine quilter. She said she keeps going into her bedroom to look at it and she can't believe she made it.


Then yesterday afternoon I received a text from Gretchen.  She just finished A Ribbon Runs Through It.
Gretchen brought her finished blocks to one of my retreats last Fall.  I showed her how to 'block' each of the blocks to get them all to be the same size.....and voila, here they are.


This has definitely been a week of happy emails, and texts.  I LOVE to get your pictures.  Both Mr. Joe and I look at all of them and marvel at your creativity and precision. I really appreciate all of you taking the time to send me your pictures.  It puts a smile on my face from ear to ear.

Now news on the Mazey front.  Our little girl has had a very rough week.  She's been pumped full of fluids, had blood drawn, injections, and x-rays.  So far, all of the tests have been unremarkable. Yesterday afternoon she finally ate something for the first time in 7 days!  7 days of not eating or drinking.  All she did was hide away from us and stay curled up in her bed.  We wanted to caress her, but she wasn't having any of it. We were shocked yesterday when she came out of the bedroom and curled up by Mr. Joe's chair.  We introduced little bits of chicken with rice and chicken broth, and she ate it.  She isn't out of the woods yet, but she can see the sunlight through the trees.  We were so afraid that this was the end, and we were both having trouble dealing with the potential loss of our baby.  We will slowly introduce more food today to rebuild her strength. The most heartening thing we saw yesterday in addition to eating, was when she wagged her tail.



I'm wagging my tail with joy today.

Soon,
Lynn

P.S.  All of the patterns are available in my Etsy shop HERE.  

7 comments:

  1. Oh Lynn...what an emotional post from all angles! I'm so glad that Mazey has made a turn for the better and hope she gets stronger each day. Please give her a scratch behind the ears from me!
    Seeing your quilts from the other talented quilters (Hi Sylvia!) is so inspiring. You provide the patterns and the encouragement for them to imprint their own style and that makes a beautiful winner each and every time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment, Paula. Mazey and I just walked half a block, and she wagged her tail the entire time. I didn't want to tire her out.

      Delete
  2. I too am so happy for the good news about Mazey!!! I know how worried you and Joe are about her, and I am too. She is such a smart and beautiful dog.
    The quilts are stunning! Wow! The quilters are so talented- I love the fabrics they choose and their unique expression of your patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Madeleine. Mazey keeps feeling better every day. Yesterday she showed interest in a squirrel. Small miracle!

      Delete
  3. So happy to hear Mazey is on the mend. The quilts are simply stunning. So love your patterns! You are so talented with your designs. All the best to you, Mr. Joe and Mazey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh such beautiful quilt! So happy to hear Mazey is better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lynn for your kind comments. Your pattern is beautifully written and a lot fun to put together! I'm seeing lots of wonderful quilts on your blog. I'll be thinking of them for future projects. 🙏 for Mazey.

    ReplyDelete