Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Spring Frolic

Hello Everyone,

The stitching is almost done and then I can start putting this 27" x 27" table topper together. This sweet little table topper is going to be one of the projects for my Sew'n Wild Oaks retreat which begins at the end of April.  This image was generated using EQ software. I'm going to call this one Spring Frolic.


I get my chores done in the morning, then I spend a couple of hours stitching at the dining room table in the afternoon.  The sun (when we see the sun), comes streaming through the windows and it's so comfortable stitching while listening to an audio book.   I'm currently listing to The Weight of Ink by Rachel Kadish. It is a very thought-provoking book and extremely well written.  I have to stay on my toes as the book goes back and forth in time. I know some of you are going to think I'm crazy, but working on this applique is so soothing and it's what I do to give myself an afternoon treat.  A couple hours of stitching and listening to a book is absolutely refreshing. 

It is very much Winter-like here in Northern California so it's nice to work on something that reminds me that Spring is going to make an appearance any day now.....I can only hope. I received another Winter Storm Warning on my phone this morning. The grim Winter weather has been very waring on both of us. We've had less snow than last year, but it seems as though we've had more gloomy days, rain, hail and thunderstorms.

I use silk thread when I applique, and the stitches just melt into the fabric.  I drew a 1/4' seam around the block with a Frixion pen to make sure the little scallop was perfectly lined up. I will be making kits for this little cutie.

The emails have been flying back and forth between Marcus Fabrics and myself.  One new fabric line was just sent off to South Korea and hopefully I'll be getting the strike-offs soon.  I'm working with the graphic artist on another line, and I should be getting the jpegs soon so I can put them into my design in EQ software.  As I get the jpegs and work with them, it becomes easier to tell what I need when it comes to scale, color, and design.  Since this isn't my first rodeo, this time around I'm looking at the fabrics with a different eye for detail.  I've learned so much working with the talented ladies at Marcus Fabrics.  They are a joy and it's a privilege to work with them.

The big news is Marcus Fabrics wants me to do another block of the month for them beginning next March. Mr. Joe is going to be busy stuffing patterns!

I'm also still working on my 'special' projects.  I wish I could tell you what I've been up to.  Come on over and take a peek at my design wall.....NOT!

Mazey is almost back to normal.  The prednisone dosage is one tablet every other day.  She is ravenously hungry ALL DAY LONG!  She is also drinking about 5 bowls full of water ALL DAY LONG and throughout the night she gets up for a nightcap and needs to go out to the powder room.  It will be nice to get an entire night of sleep once she gets off of the drugs.

Soon,

A sleep deprived Lynn



 

6 comments:

  1. So glad that Mazey is recovering so nicely. Congrats on the block of the month for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The table runner is very sweet. It is so cute I think It could be wall art. And so Happy Mazey is better. She has great caregivers🐶💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can easily picture you at the table, stitching, and listening. This little project might be something I could do. And I like the idea of using silk thread I think it would make it easier for me to do it How about a little kit for me when you get them made up. You know I can’t make it to the retreat as much as I want to, but it would be challenging and good for me to try appliqué.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's a wonderful idea, Fran! I wish you could come to the retreat too. You were so much fun when you were there the last time. Love, Lynn

      Delete
  4. This quilt is absolutely gorgeous! Do you have a quilt shop? Wheee are you located?

    ReplyDelete