Saturday, April 25, 2015

Dressed up Dresdens

Hello Everyone,
 
You'll be seeing more in the near future.  Don't you love the little checked flower center?  It felt good to do hand work all day yesterday.  I find it very restful selecting the fabrics and preparing the pieces for applique.
 


All of the fabrics are from the Past Endearments line by Judie Rothermel for Marcus Fabrics, which will be in quilt shops very soon. The background is called Aged Muslin.  I'll add some embroidered touches after I finish stitching this one down.


Lots of flanges in this quilt.  More to come over the next few weeks.  I finished what I needed to finish on Friday for this quilt

.
Almost half of this quilt is partially together.  The blocks are stitched in rows, but the rows aren't sewn together......just in case I change my mind on placement.  I'm happy with the overall look on the outside edges.  I know exactly how I'm going to quilt this one too......which is unusual for me to know so early in the process.  This quilt is a testament on what can be done with scraps......that's why I named her Lil' Orphan Scrappy.


Have a super weekend.  We are getting rain.....a nice soaking RAIN!!!  California is desperate for water.  I'm a native Californian, and this is the worst drought I have experienced.  On that note, let a little rain fall on you today, save it, and send it to me.

Soon,
Lynn

7 comments:

  1. We are expecting more rain later today...I'll set some sponges out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's raining up in Twain Harte, CA also.....yippee....we are also expecting some snow....the high today is 47.....snow tonight.....
    You have been very busy....all the quilts are beautiful.....it will be exciting to see them when they are all done.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so exciting to see what you are doing with Dresdens as I love Dresdens. That being said I am still hoping to catch the Hexagon bug as I really like your Grammy Squares. But I have hardly sewn this year though one can hope and look forward to its return.

    We have light showers here too in our little patch of Australia.
    Our drought is broken, hope yours follows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your flower centres, and the way your L'il Orphan Scrappy quilt is turning out is great. The border is so clever and works brilliantly with the blocks in the centre.
    I hope you had loads of rain although I suspect that you needs weeks or even months of it to really make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to see a larger pic of Lil' Orphan Scrappy - it gets better and better. And equally nice to know that you are getting rain - I hope it rains for days. A nice, slow, steady week of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your scrappy quilt is so beautiful!! And the other one has got some pretty components too! And we've been collection rain in 5 gal. buckets every time it rains lately for garden water: just in case!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely have a crush on L'il Orphan Scrappy...love it!

    ReplyDelete