Sunday, May 3, 2015

....and then there were seven

Hello Everyone,
 
My goal of making one Lucy Boston block per week has fallen by the wayside. I did finish another one last night during television time.  I've started experimenting with stripes and it has been fun.  The strip and paisley design in this block was created by using Paula's Border Companions fabric.  You'll be seeing more of this fabric line in upcoming blocks.
 

What you can't see is that I'm also attaching the connecting, elongated hexagons to each block.  That process has been a bit on the boring side.  It is all the same color, so it is less creative.



I'll be teaching Lucy Boston at In Between Stitches on June 28th.  Check out the class HERE.

We had a wonderful day watching Little League yesterday.  My little grandsons make the games very exciting to watch.  The six-year-old had two grand slams!  The seven-year-old had an unassisted double play.  When those pop-ups get close to my little guys, I'm holding my breath until they have the ball securely in their mitt.  What a great day to be outside enjoying the sunshine and team sports.

Today I have to do some major league sewing and major league preparations for my guild lecture Tuesday night. I'm always rehearsing, and making sure everything runs smoothly.

Hope all of you have a smooth Sunday.

Soon,
Lynn

4 comments:

  1. I recently won a package of elongated hexagon papers and I was excited to think I could make some of these Lucy Boston blocks, but it looks like they're TOO elongated and they don't fit together right - sigh! Yours are so lovely! I love the fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't a clue what you're talking about, but I think congratulations are due to the boys. Well done them.

    ReplyDelete