Saturday, June 13, 2015

Whirlwind Days

Hello Everyone,
 
We have been so busy during the day doing so many fun adventures that I haven't had any time to work on a post.  Mr. & Mrs. Squash have been a delight!  We've formed a bond and made memories to last a lifetime.
 
Thursday we headed to Yosemite, my favorite place on this planet.  The rain left behind beautiful clouds and fresh air.
 


Here are the girls, Gail, Candace and me. Candace's shirt says it all, "Life is Good."


Mr. & Mrs. Squash.  Perfect photo for the Christmas card!



Lunch at the base of El Capitan.  How could the day get any better than this!


Mazey enjoyed her day walking to Yosemite Falls.  Luckily the falls had some water from the rain the previous day.


Mr. Joe and me with our fur baby.


Half Dome in the distance across the meadow.

 
One of the many bridges over the Merced River.


 

The day before Yosemite, we went to Calaveras Big Trees State Park.


This gives you some idea of the size of the trees which have been standing before the birth of Christ.  It is hard to wrap my mind around that fact.


Candace is doing her Mary Poppins pose.


We had such a WONDERFUL time together.  The best part is we are already planning our next get together.  Our lives have been enriched through blogging.  We have met the nicest people over the years that have become part of our extended family.

The boys hit it off from day one and never stopped chatting.  When we girls took off to explore the little town of Murphys yesterday, the boys headed to the high country to check out future fishing locations.  They were gone for hours exploring many of the lakes at higher elevations.

We have to say goodbye today.....but I know we will be together again soon.

Soon,
Lynn

9 comments:

  1. What wonderful memories you made on this visit ! I really enjoyed all of the pictures. Good time had by all :-D
    Amazing how many wonderful friends we make in blogland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo Lynn's comments! We had a wonderful time together these past few days seeing beautiful places! By the time I said my goodbyes yesterday, I felt like I had known this incredible couple for years! Thanks to all for these great new memories! I am already looking forward to their return visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you!! Looks like a wonderful time, and it looks line the weather couldn't have been better: gorgeous pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful pictures, and I'm so happy that you all had such a good time together. Sometimes technology frustrates me beyond measure, but it sure is a great way to meet new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics! Glad you all had a great time! L

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blog, lovely pictures...Such a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you all had a wonderful time. The pictures from Yosemite are wonderful, and I'm so glad to see you have had some rain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a lovely vacation. I came over the Candace's blog, she and Mr. Squash clearly enjoyed their visit.

    Beautiful country and fantastic photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I finally got to visit Yosemite a few years ago. It is one of my favorite places. Looks like such a great time with Candace.

    ReplyDelete