Monday, August 29, 2016

It's Never Too Early......

Hello Everyone,
 
Yes, it's never too early to start thinking about Christmas and a new design.
 
 

I'm working on a new creation called Handmade Holidays.  I'm a traditional red and green gal when I decorate and lean toward an old fashioned Christmas theme.  Click HERE to see a link to my post in 2014 when I first made a table runner with just the ornament.  I ended up giving it away to my friends for Christmas.


I don't usually purchase fabrics with gold running through it, but this fabric was perfect to decorate my little homespun tree with the green plaid.  I think every Christmas tree should be plaid.

I'm off to the shop this morning.  This is my last full month of working every Monday.  As my life gets busier, it is time to cut back the days that I spend at the shop.  I will now be there only the 2nd and 4th Monday of the month.  This is a gift I'm giving to myself and Mr. Joe.  I think he actually misses me when I'm gone.  He would never admit to that if you ask him.  Now, we don't have to come back from the mountains every Sunday.  We can stay up there and I can quilt, quilt, quilt.  But on the other hand, we have two grandkids playing soccer and one playing traveling softball......so this means we'll be their head cheerleaders on the weekends and travel to their games.  We don't want to miss a thing. 

Be in the moment today.  Eyes wide open and don't miss a thing! It will keep us young. (So she says while drinking her coffee trying to prop her eyelids open!)

Soon,
Lynn



 

3 comments:

  1. Sweet decos, Lynn. And I think that it's a great idea that you switch up your calendar so that you have a little breathing room - you don't want to get to the point where it's just not fun anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - I should have known to expect a plaid tree from you - just adorable, Lynn! So glad to hear you're going to take a tad more time to smell the roses (and/or blueberries) with Mr. Joe!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This runner's going to be so cute, and I laughed to myself when I saw the plaid tree.

    ReplyDelete