Monday, January 14, 2019

Huckleberry Hill Sashing

Hello Everyone,
 
I just wanted you to know that I haven't been idle this week.  I've been working for a few minutes here and there on the setting for Huckleberry Hill.....my newest pattern-to-be.
 

I started making the checkerboard as the border.  When I put it on the design wall during class, I thought wait a minutes.  Wait one cotton pickin' minute!  I thought this must might work as my sashing.  There will be a blue star in the center area.  The fabric is called Star-Spangled Liberty by Pam Buda for Marcus Fabrics.  This quilt is going to be a fun one to display throughout the Summer months.

Now what do I do for the borders?  Most of my patterns start out with some semblance of a plan, and that plan quickly morphs into something else.  I've learned to just go with the flow of ideas that never seem to leave my brain.

I'm off to Cloth and Quilts today to teach Cute as a Button.  Quilting Digest posted a picture of it again on their FB page and their website.  I've been very busy filling orders from my ETSY site!


On Tuesday I'm off to Chico to meet with the Ridge Quilters Guild.....the quilters from Paradise.  The members will draw the winning numbers for my fundraising raffle.  I will do an entire post dedicated to the raffle when I return home.

Soon,
Lynn

4 comments:

  1. Your new quilt is looking lovely. I do love that sashing! Please send some love from Cambria to the Paradise quilters. That community is on my mind and in my heart. How fun that the guild will pick the raffle winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is perfect sashing! Your house must have a constant hum of the sewing machine! Do you ever count how many spools of thread you use in one year? Must be a lot!

    ReplyDelete