Sunday, January 20, 2019

Kit Making at the Cabin

Hello Everyone,
 
This has been a busy week!  I taught at Cloth and Quilts in Hilmar on Monday.  I was in Chico with the Paradise Guild on Tuesday.  The rest of the week I spent preparing for the quilt show in Folsom.  Here is the start of some kits for my Cute as a Button pattern.
 

I had three yard cuts of fifty different fabrics.  I had stacks of fabrics in my quilting room just waiting in the wings to be cut.


I cut the yardage into fat quarters, fat eights, and 2-1/2" strips until the cows came home.


I started packaging the kits first.

 
The kits will be at the Folsom Show only.  If there are any kits left, I will put them on my ETSY site.
 



Here's a link to the Folsom Quilt Show.  It's my biggest quilt show of the year, and I need to be ready for it!

This Wednesday, I'm teaching Cute as a Button at Quail's Nest Quilt Co. in Sonora.

So, another busy week ahead preparing for the show and finishing up a few other projects. 

We are supposed to get some snow tonight.  All of the other storms have only included torrential rains and howling winds.  We had power outages, and overflowing gutters full of pine needles.  Last week, Mr. Joe went out to the garage to make sure the snow blower was up to snuff.  He pulled the rope which immediately came off in his hand.  It is truly amazing what you can find on YouTube.  He watched a video about snow blower repair, and we are now back in business.  I might add we are back in business with a minimal amount of swearing at an inanimate object! 

You can go to YouTube and find me there by clicking HERE.  All of my Patchwork Math classes are available to you all the time.....always free.  Get your popcorn, hot cocoa, and watch some quilting videos on this snowy day......if you have power or a generator!

Soon,
Lynn 

4 comments:

  1. Oh.My.Word. Your Cute As A Button pattern is a must have...off to order it now! Everything about this speaks to me...love the scale/ the 9 patch units mixed in with the courthouse steps...And your kits for the class are luscious...wish I did not live so far away...will have to work out of my own stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you mentioned the YouTube. I did not know you had those videos. I love your book. Hugs �� And Cute As a Button is in my box for this year. Live all of your patterns. Waiting for the basket quilt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a lot of kits! They are so colorful and inviting. I'm sure there will be none left for your Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete