Friday, January 11, 2019

Sew'n Wild Oaks Class Was In Session

Hello Everyone,
 
I spent the beginning of the week with "my girls" at In Between Stitches in Livermore.  We gather together once a month for two days.  As always, they have been very busy quilting since we last met.
 
Valery totally finished her Cute as a Button table topper.  She bought one of my kits during my retreat, and here is the beautiful result.  I am in the process of making more kits and I'll post pictures of them when I'm finished.
 

Melody used scraps from her stash to make her adorable version of Cute as a Button.


Kristi is in the beginning stages, and is starting to assemble her little nine patch blocks for the quilt.  She is tapping into her stash of Jo Morton fabrics.


Rhonda brought in her blocks for Country Sunshine.  Just six more, and she's finished with the time consuming process.


Valery is also working on her Country Sunshine blocks which she is making out of her batik stash.  Another beautiful quilt in the making.


Susan is going to have a very attractive table runner when she is finished.


Barbara is making Nut Crackers for a table runner for next Christmas.


There is so much wonderful detail in each one of her men.


Her choice of fabrics is all from her stash too.


She enjoys making her "men" so much, she's decided to make a Nut Cracker of the month quilt.  Here is Mr. February.

Suzanne dazzles each month with a new block completed in wool.  Wonderful, decorative stitching!


Kristi is also making more use of her Jo Morton scraps in this striking quilt.


Isn't this bag cute!

Barbara is making this quilt which she named Psychedelic Singers.  Again she's tapped into her stash for her creation.

Melody is make mermaids.

Marti finished a quilt for her granddaughter.  Very classy.


Here's the back of this beauty.


Rose is working on her Homemade Holiday table runner.   She quilted the background first before she started the applique....good idea.


Cindy is working on Fresh Cut by Sue Spargo.  The blocks are gorgeous!



 
Barbara is making a baby quilt.  She makes sure good use of her time, and works diligently through the day.

 
Gail finished all of her pinwheels for Zinnie's Choice to complete the section of the blue field for her flag.


My girls are amazing quilters and wonderful human beings.  They are so caring and so funny.  It is an absolute joy to spend time with them.
 
Today I'm working on my class step-outs for Cute as a Button which I'm teaching at Cloth and Quilts in Hilmar on Monday.  I head to Chico on Tuesday to meet with the Paradise Guild.  I have to get my talk pulled together pronto!
 
Soon,
Lynn
 
P.S.  All of my patterns are available on my ETSY shop.

 

1 comment: