Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Madrigal Machine Quilting Part 3

Hello Everyone,

Just a quick post this morning to show you the progress I've made on Madrigal.  I quilted all the way to the bottom border and took it off the machine last night to let her 'unroll' for the evening.  I was so anxious to see what the quilting was going to look like on the whole quilt.

I'll turn it, put her back on the long arm this morning, and quilt the side borders and setting triangles in one continuous pass of the machine.  There is a light at the end of the quilted tunnel!



Then I can cut the scalloped borders and get to work on the binding.  I'm thinking about red binding, the same as the tiny inner border.  I'll have to audition some bindings today and make my final decision.

I have a very full day ahead of me, so I'm signing off for now.  I hope all of you enjoy your day doing something you love to do.


As always,

Lynn

12 comments:

  1. Such a magical transformation, Lynn! I think the red binding would really set it off nicely, too! When you take the quilt on and off to turn it, do you go ahead and baste all four side first prior to any other quilting? Have a great day!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning! Very well done and I love allyour feathers. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love the way you've done the feathers in the setting squares. Thanks for showing how you did this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilting is spectacular! I LOVE the way you did the feathers around the applique. I like your idea of red binding. . .that's what I would use! Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt - especially the scalloped border! Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks just wonderful. One day I hope I can see some of your work for real, but your photos are always great to be going on with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilting is stunning.....Quilt Sue should be as lucky as I am.....I have seen your quilts in person and they are in one word.....WOW....

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH WOW! I think that's the word of this post as I see it above at least twice before me. Boy I'm speech less, no idea what kind of compliment to give that would extoll the wonders of your freehand feathers and it really adds another depth to your post that your last post explained some of this wonder. You are very talented no matter what might come out of your mouth as you work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that red binding would be just lovely. This is a work of art!

    ReplyDelete