Thursday, November 7, 2013

More Heartfire Blocks

Hello Everyone,
 
I've been making more blocks for Heartfire.  This week I've been using a different floral center from the Midwinter Reds collection.
 

They seem very dainty and delicate.


They are dainty except for the one with the big honkin' stripes!  That block may get relegated to the back of the quilt. 

 
In the grand quilt scheme, I'm sure the stripes will fit in.  I love adding stripes to my quilts for added interest.
 
Today is raking day before the rains begin.  If I had a penny for every pine needle that falls on this lot, I'd be a multi-millionaire.  Yesterday I was grousing to the dog while I was out raking.  I'd much rather have been working on my projects inside.  During my complaining, I started looking around at the vibrant  blue sky, the tall trees, and smelling the wonderful mountain air.  (I was actually taking in big gulps of air while trudging up and down the hill with my wheelbarrow and rake.)  It was a beautiful day to be outside....it was a beautiful day to be alive.
 
Last Friday my Aunt Bobbie passed away AND my daughter-in-law's step-father passed away....both from cancer, both on the same day.  Seven months ago neither of them knew they had cancer and now they are both gone.   While thinking about both of them, my complaining stopped.  Everyday is a beautiful day whether you are outside or inside. 
 
Treasure the moments.
 
Soon,
Lynn  

12 comments:

  1. Lynn, they are all so lovely. Keep on stitching and have ,ots of productive fun. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. What dainty and cute little blocks !
    We are doing the same thing... it is raining pine needles here ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for you loss... you are so right, we have got to live each day to our fullest!! Got to get stitching!! Your Heartfire is looking fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This hexie blocks are so wonderful. I love them so much.
    Greetings Grit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Lynn, These are beautiful, I can't wait until I feel confident enough to take something like this on. You are so talented. I'm so happy that I found your blog :)
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blocks even the ones with the big honkin stripes. I "raked" on Sunday well not really raked, we have a leaf sweeper that I pull behind a golf cart. After 20 + loads of leaves I was done. Today I see that there are at least twice that many loads, but what is really a problem is that it was rainy yesterday and so I need at least 2 days of no rain to sweep again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blocks even the one with the stripes. I like dots so I always seem to put dots in my quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just know you'll make those stripes work, Lynn! May your family members rest in peace. I'm sure your leaves raking was therapeutic on more ways than one!
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your heartfire blocks are really lovely , they will make such a pretty quilt !

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear...it certainly does make us appreciate the here and now. My condolences. As for Heartfire, they are so sweet! Each one is so pretty...even that stripey one!

    ReplyDelete