Friday, November 15, 2013

Once Upon a Vine

Hello Everyone,
 
Here's a quick preview of the new blocks I made from the Vin du Jour fabrics.  I love working with the color combinations in this fabric line by 3 Sisters for Moda.
 

Hexie grapes...why not?  I'm going to name this quilt Once Upon a Vine.  You will be seeing more bunches of grapes along the way.


There is just the right mix of color, small and larger prints, and different patterns and textures in this fabric line.
 
 

I'm not usually a taupey-gray person, but I love the look of it as it elegantly frames the squares.


It's an easy block to make.  The hardest part is trying to decide what colors to put together because I want to use it all!  I added a green from the Metropolitan Faire fabric line.  It's a wonderful green with a paisley design that compliments the paisley in the fabric line. 

 
This quilt is still in the early planning stage.  I put parts and pieces up on the design wall, move them all around, come up with new ideas, think about it and yes, even dream about it.  What a sweet dream it is!  I lull myself to sleep thinking once upon a vine........
 
Soon,
Lynn
 


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt.....great name...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...you're at it again! So creative (& to think...people say I have an overactive imagination!) The title is inspiring and hexie grapes are one of the cutest ideas ever! I'm waiting for the rest of the fairytale...what's the name of the beautiful princess who falls asleep in the handsome princes vineyard? Zinfandel perhaps?
    Saw a Zinnie look alike last night! Same red, same face structure, same build...could've been a littlermate! She is home with you right??? Not last seen headed North in the back of a pick-up truck??? (One of my pet peeves, right there!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely basket block and really like the setting fabric color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful so far, Lynn. And the call of hexies is upon us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Did you purchase a FQ bundle of the line, along with yardage of your background color to make the blocks? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lynn, this is so beautiful. I love the fabrics and so hope my local shop carries this fabric line. As Deb asked above, I would love to know if you purchased all the fabrics as one bundle and if so, may we ask where?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty colors!! This is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving these baskets. Your piecing is amazing (what I strive for) and the fabric line is really cute. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three sisters do design such pretty fabrics. Love your block, now I'm wondering if I could create that block too.....so many ideas and so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I specially love the bunch of grapes, that's such a clever idea. Looking forward to seeing this quilt come together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How I love 3 Sisters designs - and your beautiful baskets, Lynn! I'd dream about them, too...and maybe a really, really good glass of wine, too (wink)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete