Saturday, May 10, 2014

Airing of the Quilts

Hello Everyone,
 
It's a lazy Saturday here at Sew'n Wild Oaks.  I started laying out all of my quilts to get them in order of appearance for my lecture on Monday, when I got this hair-brained idea to put all of them out on the railing and banisters. 
 

This little exercise took both Mr. Joe and me about an hour to stage for the shot.  The rain clouds were rolling in, and the breeze was blowing......but we made it with only one quilt sailing off into space.  Emilie Elizabeth was the only unruly quilt, possibly because she's only a flimsy.  There's always one kid that just doesn't want to behave!


 As far as I know, the birdies left the quilts alone.....if you catch my drift!


It is against the Homeowner's Association rules and regulations to have anything hanging on your railings.....hmmmmm.  They are probably writing up an infraction while I'm keying this into the computer! 


Soon,
Lynn

17 comments:

  1. What a Awesome picture seeing all of your quilts hanging on your railings around the house LOVE IT !

    Wishing you a VERY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY !

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're going to get an infraction what a way to go. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks great and you'll certainly never get cold in the middle of winter.(giggle). Is it Mothers Day in the US as well as Oz? Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are they still up? My friend in Arnold would like to drive by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lyn, love the quilt show. It really looks festive. Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the life of me, I cannot possibly envision a homeowner's association that would object to such beauty. What a treat for anyone who happened by! Wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for breaking the rules! Love the mini quilt show.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, you've succeeded...I am now officially homesick and in dire need of an app LEEK ay lesson! I must say, Emilie Elizabeth is no shrinking violet, is she?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. And bless Joes heart for helping you hang them all! I frequently recall him saying that you're "fearless in getting just the right shot of a quilt...anything for the blog!!!"...and then I smile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful quilt show that makes. Lucky people who happened to pass by while they were all displayed like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Lynn,
    this pics are worth any punishments. Thank you for them.
    Wonderful quilts.
    xxx Doris from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  12. Against the rules or not that was fun to see all the quilts hung outside!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Sisters' Show can't top this Lynn!
    Happy Mother's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's an infraction we'd gladly pay! Send us the bill! I'm with Paula - Sister's can't top it!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How awesome the quilts look on display and well worth any infraction you may receive .

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea! The quilts look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun post...love the quilts on the railings and everywhere else. They should make a poster of that pic! p.s. your quilts are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete