Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pride of Country

Hello Everyone,
 
Just in time for Memorial Day, the quilt without a name.  You could hang it this way.....
 
 
....or this way.

It's not very large but it makes a big statement.  It measures 55" x 36".  Just a nice size for a patriotic quilt.


All of my quilts get their picture taken by posing on the old toboggan. This one is ready to go on a picnic.


This is the first time I started a quilt without the end design in mind.  I started making red, white and blue components from my Patchwork Math book. The components were going to be my "step-outs" for The Quilt Show.com, until I saw a pattern develop in my mind, and started sewing the components together.  I guess now I have to make more step-outs for the show!
 
So here's the rules for the  "Naming of the Quilt Contest." Send me a name for this quilt by Thursday, May 22th.  The cut-off time will be noon, Pacific Standard Time.  The winner will be announced Saturday, May 24th.  Mr. Joe and I will select our favorites, and our dog Zinnie, will be make her final selection.  The decision of the judge is final.  Remember Zinnie can be bribed with Kibble, doggie toys, walks in the woods, you name it, all bribes gladly accepted with a wag of the tail.  The winner will receive a copy of Patchwork Math, or if you already have a copy of the book, you may select any one of my Sew'n Wild Oaks patterns.  If you would like to send me your entry in an email, please send it to:  patched55@comcast.net and your submission will be entered in the contest.  Also this contest is not limited to only the United States.  Submissions will be accepted from anywhere in the world.  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, make sure I have a way to reach you and include your email address in your comment if you are a "no-reply" status.
 
Zinnie does tricks too!  Good luck in the contest.
 
Soon,
Lynn
 

20 comments:

  1. Your quilt makes me want to stand up and salute! So with that in mind, I would name it "Home of the Brave". The quilt squares represent Home, and the flag represents all those who serve our beloved country. Lynn it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete


  2. " ITS A GRAND OLD FLAG " IS WHAT I WOULD NAME YOUR BEAUTIFUL QUILT .

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO PROUDLY SHE FLIES. What a lovely wall hanging and a wonderful statement of pride in America and her people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hubby says Waves Forever...or Long May She Wave

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had 2 perfectly fitting post titles in Patriotic Puzzle & Pride Of Country...however...I will be sending The Honorable Judge, Zinfandel an email...please make certain that she reads it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Good One Donna! Every time I see a patriotic quilt, I think of Betsy Ross, her lasting legacy & that we, as quilters, continue on in her footsteps, paying homage to her most significant lifes work.

      Delete
  7. This quilt is absolutely beautiful, Lynn, another show stopper! I saw all the pieces and it is just amazing how it all comes together in a stunning quilt! I have to think for a day or two about a name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is not an easy task for such a pretty quilt but I will say "Flying Free" . Well done Lynn just beautiful .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beauty... I would name it "Born in the USA".

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an absolutely amazing quilt....love it "Made in America"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see stars in this beautiful quilt so I think Liberty Stars.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really great quilt! How bout 'Proud To Be'.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilt is lovely. I think it should be called "So Proudly We Hail". That's the first thing I thought when I saw it.
    Best wishes,
    Aunt Bea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful quilt. I would name it "Freedom", Stars and stripes for our country. But also flying geese. They make me think of planes, and how our military protects us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks lovely; I'd call the The Fourth of July - ties in the patriotic colours and reminds me of a picnic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Old Glory Patchwork, is my entry. It is a beauty, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My suggestion is Pride of America. Not very original I know, sorry, but it's the best I can come up with today.

    PS, Please remind Zinnie of just which house-guest last summer would sit and stroke her for hours on end.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another beautiful quilt. I think I would call it Glory Days Abound. Thanks for the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pinwheels, Geese & Stars, Oh My!
    Kind of long but that's my suggestion.

    ReplyDelete