Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Dog and Pony Show in Sonora

Hello Everyone,
 
It's has been a very busy week for me so far.  I had the pleasure of speaking to the Sierra Quilt Guild in Sonora Monday evening.
 

There was a full house at the Senior Citizens Center. They laughed heartily and applauded in all of the right places.  They are a great group of talented quilters.


The quilts were all placed on a table in order of their appearance.  I tell my story through the quilts.....they are eloquent speakers, and they say so much about me.

 
My buddies, Kaaren, Donna, and my sister Gail held up the quilts on cue throughout the talk.  They were so funny.....an added sideshow to the evening.  All they needed were some tap shoes, top hats, and canes, and they can take their show on the road!
 


Yesterday I had another full house for the Patchwork Math Workshop in the Creekside building at the Fairgrounds.  It was a wonderful classroom.  The girls had lots of space and I had plenty of room for my presentation of the material.


It is so helpful to have Gail circulating throughout the room helping everyone.  I couldn't do this without her help.  We are now known as "The Sister Act".


The girls worked hard all morning making their components.  They were delightful!  It was so nice getting to know all of you and see your creativity.  Right before lunch, components started appearing on the portable design wall.


















 

I truly love getting out of my sewing room to spend time with quilters.  Your creativity, kindness, and thirst for learning, feeds my soul.  It's YOU that keeps my creative spirit going strong.  Thank you Sierra Quilt Guild for the wonderful opportunity.  Both Gail and I had a fabulous time.

Soon,
Lynn

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun class and look at all the pretties that were created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun, Lynn! I can just hear the song from White Christmas now "Sister's, Sister's...there were never such devoted sisters!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it looks like it all came off without a hitch! I'm envisioning you dressing like nuns for the next presentation of the Sister Act! I can see it now! If only I were closer...I can sing back up too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having Lynn at our guild was a real treat. If any of you have the chance, her presentation is warm and homey, full of beautiful quilts, wit and humor and general entertainment. The class was a real eye opener for me, who tends to be less structured. I was pleased with the success of my components and the general understanding of the whole math process. Lynn and her sister Gail.......what a team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a wonderful experience in every way. The clarity of the instruction, the visual "overhead projector--2014 style!", the encouragement, generous help, the learning and you can do this and love it, too, all comes together in this workshop. The morning after I have "played" with my components and really get the whole idea of the component sewing, now! So creative and fun to do. Thank you so much for coming and sharing your art with us. It was wonderful. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like alot of fun! So inspiring to see the different color combos. I have to get that book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like everyone was having a great time during your talk, and the blocks from the next day were all lovely.

    ReplyDelete