Wednesday, January 18, 2017

A Memorable Day

Hello Everyone,
 
Spending the day with friends and meeting new quilters is what I like the most about quilting. On Monday, I spent the day at Carol's beautiful home in the country, with Dolores, her granddaughter Melissa, and their friend Pam.  The goal was to have them work their way through my Spoken For pattern and work out the bugs......they discovered bugs. 
 
Melissa is new to quilting and take a look at this block.  She was so good at the applique too.  She's a natural, and a pro at fussy cutting.
 

Carol is making a quilt for Christmas and using an older fabric line.  I love the older, more traditional Christmas fabrics. 


Pan is also making a Christmas quilt with some vintage, Christmas fabric.


We were playing around with sashing and border fabric.  This fabric line is perfect for this quilt.


Dolores made an important discovery for me.  This pattern is going to be perfect using a Layer Cake.  I don't usually buy Layer Cakes.....until now!  She is going to combine the blenders in this fabric line with her extensive Jo Morton stash.  Dolores is the leader of the Jo Morton group that meets at Ladybug's Quilts in Manteca. Her input as an experienced quilter was invaluable.


Carol fixed us a wonderful lunch which we all thoroughly enjoyed in her country kitchen.


I wanted to take up residence and move into Carol's sewing room.  She loves antiques and has many beautiful cabinets to store both her fabrics and her collections.


We discussed the time it takes to dust, as I have the same issues with lots of treasures at my house.


 Such a beautiful, peaceful quilting room with excellent lighting.


 
Their suggestions will make Spoken For a much better pattern.  They each thought of things I needed to include in the pattern. 
 


Thank you all so much for your company, fellowship, friendship and your input.  I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Quilters are the best people on earth!

Soon,
Lynn

 

6 comments:

  1. What an outstanding day in a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Love the pattern and happy to here you have worked out your "bug"! As for the dusting comment, I have always been of the mind that if they are part of a "collection" they can "collect" dust guilt free! Wink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness! Just had to wipe the drool off my monitor! Carol has a gorgeous home and a sewing space to die for. And she shares my love of antique furniture to sewing goody storage! How nice to spend the day in such a lovely setting and work out the kinks in your new design!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for this pattern! I love the vintage Christmas ! A very lovely quilting home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing in this article
    I can learn a lot and could also be a reference
    I hope to read the next your article updates

    [-] Vimax
    [-] Vimax Asli
    [-] Vimax Canada
    [-] Obat Vimax
    [-] Pembesar Penis
    [-] Hammer Of Thor

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol's sewing room is awesome! Very cozy and relaxing look to it! And, thank YOU for testing and re-testing your patterns before releasing them! I'm sure I'm not the only one that has ruined a small fortune in fabric because a pattern had an "ooops" in it. I undersdtand this can happen once in awhile... but, some designers are too quick to release patterns and it seems every other pattern has an "oops" in it. Anyways... thank YOU so MUCH for your diligence and caring!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete