Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Sew'n Wild Oaks Class Was In Session

Hello Everyone,
 
What a fun day yesterday in the classroom at In Between Stitches with my Sew'n Wild Oaks girls. Paula is working on Lil' Orphan Scrappy and has all of the blocks made.

 
 I love this pile of scrappy triangles she has prepared for the randomly planned corner squares.

 
 
Irene worked on this beauty throughout the day.  
 
 
The classroom was so full......
 


.......that we had to put up a couple of extra tables for the overflow.  This little room was our caboose.

 
Speaking of a full house, Karen is making great headway on her Journey's End houses by Kim Diehl.  They are just a cute as they can be.
 

 
 Here's another example of beautiful Kim Diehl fabrics for Walk in the Park.

 
Laurie is working on my new Huckleberry Hill pattern and is anxiously awaiting me to finish my blocks.  Laurie is an excellent pattern tester for me.


At the start of the class, I taught a half-square triangle session and Patty put the knowledge to work immediately in a little basket.  She has lots of little HST waiting in the wings.


Mary has a good start to a Lucy Boston block.


The geese are going to be flying south in Janie's October Magic. Love those plaids!


Meike is making a Grammy Squares quilt.  This one is going to be striking!


Rose is assembling all of the parts and pieces for her beautiful quilt.

 
Mary is making her first English Paper-Pieced flower for Summer's Blush.
 


Now I'm poking some good natured fun at Mary.  This is her contribution to the design wall at the end of the day.  I heard her say the back is a "hot mess".  But Mary, the front is perfect!

 
 I hope you all have a perfect day.

Soon,
Lynn

3 comments:

  1. Oh what fun! I love everything. I don't think I would have even made as much progress as Mary if I had all that inspiration around me - wink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed all of you girls yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea how your gals get so much work done in class, but it's all gorgeous!!! I would surely be with Mary!!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete