Saturday, August 11, 2018

In the Company of Quilters

Hello Everyone,

Another busy week here at Sew'n Wild Oaks while I try to get "caught up".  I don't know when or if that is ever going to happen. 

I started playing with some of the new fabrics I purchased at Country Pines Quilt Shop in Susanville, and this is the result.  Little 5-1/2" Courthouse Step blocks.



In my travels, I hear quilters saying they want to make smaller projects.  This is going to be a small project with small blocks.  Two for the price of one!  But it could also be a larger quilt too.


I started my week speaking at the Pioneer Quilters' Guild in Rocklin, CA.  It was a fantastic group of quilters with hearty laughs.  We had so much fun!  There was one lady in the front row who had me laughing.


Tuesday was my Patchwork Math workshop.  I'm trying to dispel math phobia one quilter at a time.




The girls worked very hard during the day.










When I was clearing out a closet to make room for more fabric.....of course......I found a box of Prairie Flower patterns.  I'm putting them on sale on my SewnWildOaksDesigns Etsy store for $10.00 so I can clear them out of the closet.  I remember very clearly machine quilting each and every little bitty square.......hundreds of them!


If you are interested and don't do Etsy, you can always email me at sewnwildoaks@gmail.com and I can send you a pattern.  The total is $12.66 which includes shipping.  Tax would be added if you live in California.  I love having this quilt on the bed at the cabin.  It is 93" x 93" which is perfect for a queen bed.


As I travel around to quilt guilds, I realize just how lucky I am to be in the company of quilters.  We laugh, we eat, we quilt.  What could be better???

Have a great weekend.

Soon,
Lynn

5 comments:

  1. Courthouse Steps is a favorite of mine. These are looking lovely. I have been thinking of that very quilting design (the one on your Prairie Flower) on my current quilt that I'm working on. I'm actually enlarging the quilt right now so I can quilt even more of those little boxes. Kind of crazy to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You asked "What could be better???"...
    NOT MUCH!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Paula! Can't wait for that pattern!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mini Courthouse Steps!
    Do you have any plans to teach in the Midwest?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got that right! We are so lucky when we are in the company of other quilters. And those little Log Cabin blocks are amazing!

    ReplyDelete